Major Lava Flows - Iceland

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Closest I've been to a volcano is the capulin volcano in New Mexico.
My experience with volcanoes as well. I really like going through New Mexico and riving through all that open range, no fences and seeing herds of antelope on the hills and running across the roads. That was in the summer of 1990. Is there still all that open range and Antelope herds around Clayton going towards Capulin?

We stopped at a gas station in the middle of nowhere and my niece got to see her first Jackalope. She really believed it was real, after all it was stuffed and on the mantle in the gas station. I think we will go for a long road trip soon to see that stuff again.

There used to be a lot of antelope herds in western Ks. when I was a young one.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My experience with volcanoes as well. I really like going through New Mexico and riving through all that open range, no fences and seeing herds of antelope on the hills and running across the roads. That was in the summer of 1990. Is there still all that open range and Antelope herds around Clayton going towards Capulin?

We stopped at a gas station in the middle of nowhere and my niece got to see her first Jackalope. She really believed it was real, after all it was stuffed and on the mantle in the gas station. I think we will go for a long road trip soon to see that stuff again.

There used to be a lot of antelope herds in western Ks. when I was a young one.

Not so much the open range now. Along Highway 87 from Clayton to Raton, it is pretty much all fenced in now. However, Antelope herds are still pretty prevalent, although not always within easy sight of the highway.

We took a drive some years ago up through the Kenton area and then west, coming back out at Capulin before heading back. While we did see some Antelope, I was really surprised to see a Bighorn Sheep.

There was also a good sized herd of deer.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Not so much the open range now. Along Highway 87 from Clayton to Raton, it is pretty much all fenced in now. However, Antelope herds are still pretty prevalent, although not always within easy sight of the highway.

We took a drive some years ago up through the Kenton area and then west, coming back out at Capulin before heading back. While we did see some Antelope, I was really surprised to see a Bighorn Sheep.
Great photos. I'm saddened to hear the open range is almost disappeared. Thank you for posting those awesome photos.

I'm really sick of progress and what it has ruined.
I hope none of the sexual intellectuals on this site don't try to convince me otherwise.

Last edited:

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After a week or so of cooling and inactivity, suddenly there are four new major vents. A major lava lake is foming perhaps to generate the major rivers we experienced before. This time perhaps the flow will reach the ocean (speculation)

Latest posts

Top Bottom