1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

MAJOR NEWS: ATF to Allow eForm 1s and 4s – Not Likely to Enact Regulations on Trusts

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by Nimaro, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Nimaro

Nimaro Sharpshooter

Not sure if this is a repost, if so please delete.

http://blog.princelaw.com/2013/08/06/major-news-atf-to-allow-eform-1s-and-4s-not-likely-to-enact-regulations-on-trusts-and-other-entities/

2. SPCAS

SPCAS Sharpshooter

Exciting news. I'm all for online forms. Cost me more money I'm sure since Ill end up doing even more

3. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I hope they don't enter into rulemaking on "responsible persons", but this is a potential avenue for detractors to go after the Trust route. It's not an absolute deal breaker on e-Forms submittal though. Current security badging applicants under 49 C.F.R. rules have electronic fingerprints and photos submitted to TSCH for processing. Since it effects employment, a 6-8 week delay in processing security threat assessments would be an undue burden on the industry. An STA with e-prints and photos takes about 3-5 business days to process for approval.

4. mapcon1941

mapcon1941 Sharpshooter

If I am reading this right, it is set up for FFL and SOT holders to e-file the forms, not the person (or trust) that is applying? So for example, if I am applying for a Form 4 suppressor, the FFL doing the transfer would submit the e-file form 4, not myself?

5. Hump66

Hump66 Sharpshooter

It says FFL or individuals.

6. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Yes but in the case of individuals photos and fingerprints are required. That makes it a trust only deal the way I read it.

7. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The transferor would do the e-file, but could only do it for an individual if said individual is a Trust. Let's say I as a non-FFL were selling you my privately owned NFA item. I have a pay.gov account and you have a Trust that will be the listed tranferee. We could file your Form 4 electronically and save 6-8 weeks processing, plus avoid having your transfer go into trouble status because some of the paperwork got lost in the shuffle (I've had that happen before).

8. mapcon1941

mapcon1941 Sharpshooter

So an FFL/SOT could e-file a form 4 for a suppressor transfer to a trust and save some wait time. That is good news. Would have to use an FFL/SOT that has registered on atfonline.gov to do this and has a pay.gov account for tax stamp payment.

9. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Marksman

Rating
    100%
    I set up an account to try to see if the information could be filled out. I don't think that it is up an running quite yet.

10. mapcon1941

mapcon1941 Sharpshooter

^ Agree. I also tried and my registration apparently didn't go through. I even found a PC still running IE v.8 and still no go. Hopefully will work sometime soon.