Making a deal on OSA.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder if it's the same guy that texted me identifying himself as the member and then crickets after I asked what kind of deal he was wanting to work out. I actually just checked and he was active yesterday and almost every day since last Saturday when the silent treatment began.
Oh well, I just won't deal with him anymore unless it's very much in my favor.
I have also done a few deals and left feed back and the other person did not, which is mildly irritating.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m probably going against the grain on this, but unless he actually stood you up or defrauded you in some way, I don’t think the guy deserves negative feedback. In my opinion, being flaky isn’t a valid reason for negative feedback. :anyone:

Disagree, it is absolutely reason for negative feedback. Nobody needs their time wasted. You waste my time after a deal is agreed to, you're getting negative feedback

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think there needs to be an official rule that if a person is going backhandedly call someone out or try to garner sympathy for a supposed wrong committed on this board that the offending party’s name has to be posted, and if it isn’t, the thread should be deleted by moderators.
Heresay doesn’t hold up in court, and it shouldn’t here either.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
"Americans check their phones on average 96 times per day, or once every ten minutes. There are roughly 6.92 billion smartphone users across the world. That's 86.29% of the global population, as of 2023. 59.16% of website traffic comes from mobile devices, as of 2022.Apr 3, 2023"

Short of a medical condition, there's zero reason to not stay in contact with the other party if things need to change or not going to work out for whatever reason.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I just don't deal with non-established short time members or those that are only here for the classifieds. Just not my thing. I've seen some things I'd like to own listed by classified users only. I always pass. You can have a different personal policy, and that's perfectly okay. Everyone is entitled to make their own decisions about whom to deal with and whom to not deal with. It's still a free country, for as long as this democratic republic experiment lasts.

I have found myself watching a few items listed by those not on my personal approved to buy from list, and cheering other members to buy it. As a matter of fact it happens a lot. I'm kinda weak, but at least I recognize it. Can't get better until you admit you're sick. lol So, I don't advocate for folks to have the same policy as me, but it works for me.

I'm also very timely with feedback, because it's important to other members. It helps those involved in the transaction and those that aren't. Knowledge is power. I haven't had to leave any negative feedback, probably because of my personal policy previously discussed, but I think it should be detailed. Positive feedback need not be. Five ⭐'s, and GTG and any short message to let the guy know you enjoyed the meet up or whatever and move on. Hey, it was great, what else do ya need to know? Negative or neutral feedback should require a little more explanation and detail. I've left feedback for every transaction, but I've not received feedback from a couple of guys. I just figured that wasn't their deal, or they forgot, or maybe their momma told them if they didn't have anything nice to say to say nothing at all. IDK why they didn't leave feedback, but they didn't, and I moved on. I'd deal with them again though, because the deal was great on my end.

TL;DR?

I only deal with established members that contribute content/posts to the community and feedback is important.

Latest posts

Top Bottom