Making an old Browning Auto Five bolt handle extension without removing the bolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IDK why you'd say this, but ok. Nobody was childish, mean-spirited, thoughtless, or ungrateful that piled on you. Not one person said anything that could be construed as such. Nobody was disrespectful or disparaged anything you said.

Just many of us don't agree but that's our privilege. I would not do that to my Mod 11 and I can operate it fine. Does that response construe the points you made? No, I don't think it does. I think they'll flame you for sure now, but ok.

I think we all thoroughly read it. I read it from beginning to end. I still would not glue or solder a nickel 45 casing to my Mod 11. Epoxy is an adhesive and a sealer...Glue. I work in NV and we use it in everything as "glue" and a sealer.

You're probably not going to read this and from your long response, this sounds like a common occurrence. In fact, your response looks like it was prewritten which is why it doesn't match up with reality. Good Luck Mr. Akins.

His sanctimonious, narcissistic BS is a little more than I can stand. He’s produced a solution to a problem that exists only in his own mind. The fact that he thinks he’s smarter than John Browning tells me everything I need to know about him.

If I wanted a giant race gun bolt handle on a shotgun, I’d buy one that came with the thing. There are dozens of newer shotgun models that sport them. I think they are hideous looking and I can’t see that they would be anything but in the way for me. Clearly someone likes them or they wouldn’t make and sell them.

Mr Akins’ misplaced belief that everyone is searching the internets for his ideas is narcissistic at best. Instead of littering multiple forums with his cut and paste, unsolicited advice and pissy responses when folks don’t bow in adulation at his greatness maybe he should start a blog where those that follow him can seek out his advice.

Yes, I know who he is. I also know he’s not nearly as smart as he thinks he is as evidenced by the result of his most infamous modification.

I’ve been shooting A-5’s for almost 50 years. I shot one every day last week in S Dakota and on a few of those days wore very heavy waterfowl gloves. I never experienced a single issue with the bolt on my shotgun. Not one.

Last edited by a moderator:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some friend that have sever crippled hands and just opening a fridge door is a bit hard.
They love to fish and hunt and I would have to cock the gun for them and place the pole in their hands after I cast it out.
Lord knows they tried as hard as they could to do it alone.
Makes you feel less like a person when you need help doing things.

I can see this bolt extension working for a few that want to get out and do things alone.
Hurt the value of the firearm or make it look a bit fugly maybe to some.

But that is a drop in the bucket compared to being able to operate something by yourself.
Sad to watch a crippled up person try to function but man the joy when they do get it done on their own.

Bill Akins

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't live in a city, I live in Pasco county. Fl
I have some friend that have sever crippled hands and just opening a fridge door is a bit hard.
They love to fish and hunt and I would have to cock the gun for them and place the pole in their hands after I cast it out.
Lord knows they tried as hard as they could to do it alone.
Makes you feel less like a person when you need help doing things.

I can see this bolt extension working for a few that want to get out and do things alone.
Hurt the value of the firearm or make it look a bit fugly maybe to some.

But that is a drop in the bucket compared to being able to operate something by yourself.
Sad to watch a crippled up person try to function but man the joy when they do get it done on their own.
Thank you for that logical and nice complimentary post Swampratt. I appreciate it. If only more people were like you.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for that logical and nice complimentary post Swampratt. I appreciate it. If only more people were like you.
Actually, everybody was pretty nice, although they didn't agree with you. Nobody said anything mean or nasty. I already posted on this. But after your prewritten response that berated this forum and everyone in this thread, plus a threat of not responding to this thread (cowardly in my book), at least one person took offense to you and said something.

I myself am offended that you came back and responded. You are not an honorable man. pfft.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
legit one of the funniest things i've seen here.

guy writes more words than me about how to jb weld a .45 case onto a bolt handle (you don't need to read more....that's it...and...well that's self explanatory) then gets butthurt that people aren't going to also all perform this bubba'ing up of a classic shotties, THEN he's an evis impersonator?!

hey look man, the cringiest stuff on my youtube channel is some vr hot dog shooting gameplay, but the first thing of online posting is you gotta be ready to take it.

this board used to be more into the "bubba" aspect of sporterizing or improving firearms but it's really really fallen out of style.

and most people here are going to look for a good laugh when they can. sorry it's at you.

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
243C0499-12B6-423D-8D08-3F0CB0979217.jpeg

Nailed it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom