Making an old Browning Auto Five bolt handle extension without removing the bolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
"BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM" almost like a burst of auto fire from a Bofors or Oerlikon anti-aircraft cannon , (who's recoiling barrels inspired me to invent and patent "Bump fire stocks" A.K.A, "Bumpstocks")

Really?
This guy says he invented the bumpstock 👇 👇
https://www.thetrace.org/newsletter/meet-man-says-invented-bump-stock/
But yeah I read your story too. My thing, is we were bumpfiring AKs, SKSs, and ARs back in the 80s in high school by hooking a finger in a belt loop or front pocket. AKs were the easiest, so I don't believe the Bofors story. I do believe you saw people doing that and figured out a way make a stock do the same thing. I think you came up with the Bofors story coz your buddies would know that you ripped them off when they showed you how bumpfire a gun.

In no way does a Bofors work like that nor could it inspire bumpfire, but getting drunk with your buddies out in the woods bumpfiring AKs would definitely be more believable, which is what I think. lol

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just gonna clamp some vise grips on mine so I can grab it with my whole hand.... and it's totally reversible so don't talk bad on my idea
The serial number on that auto 5 is in the 3000’s and it still runs like a champ.
It would probably be worth something if it didn’t have a rubber butt pad and vent rib barrel added later.
By looking at your avatar,I thought you might appreciate it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom