Man ain’t it the truth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm 64 but, when I get behind the wheel of my modified Fiat 500 Sport at Twisted Sisters ( in Texas ) , I'm 18 again. You're only as old as you feel.
Exactly. It would be much easier to sit on the couch, and some days I have to fight myself to get off of it. Remembering my dad that retired to the couch that only survived 3 years after retirement motivates me to stay young thinking. You have to keep an attitude that your still capable of anything you want to do and make yourself do it as far as you can force yourself. It's amazing how the body will respond to a higher activity level to make you feel better, have more personal energy and have a better attitude about life in general.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
62 here. Regular daily workouts of moderate intensity are good medicine. Habit is all. Do something/anything good, no matter how small, on a regular daily basis and it will naturally build on itself.
1900 calories a day.....my weight is down into the upper end of the overweight range after 2 years.....feeling very good to be out of the obese range and chipping away to get to my ideal weight. Gradual improvement is the way to do it - without pain from exercising too heavily or deprivation from starving yourself.
Able to get a lot more physical work done. If your doc has been nagging you about losing weight, believe him.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I have been walking some ever since we retired in 2014. Some of that was in the elevations of Colorado, some up some slopes in Oregon, some just walking to about every place in Kanab, Utah, and now we try to get outdoor walking when we can, but sometimes it is just a brisk walk in one of the malls in OKC or Norman. The mall walks will be anywhere from 2.5 to 3.5 miles at a brisk pace.

Those mall walks will end here in a few weeks when everyone starts Christmas shopping, so we might be bundling up in layers and doing all our walks outdoors for a couple of months. Main thing is to go do it. Dennis is right in that if one quits "doing," one deteriorates.

Oh, and good going there, Dale00. I need to follow your example.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In ten days I will be turning 67 years old,,,
Every morning as I achingly drag my old self out of bed,,,
I whisper an apology to my Pops ghost about teasing him for getting slow.

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom