Man breaks neck to avoid subway fare in NYC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NYC should have had a warning sign up stating that you should not jump over turnstiles as it is illegal and potentially dangerous. So it's their fault.

View attachment 243979

They also should insure that no one under the influence enters the subway system. A form at the entrance such as this one should work.

View attachment 243980

If they would install those revolving door thingamajigs with the bars, and fully eliminate non-paying riders, riding the subway would be a lot safer, and probably a hellofa lot less crowded.

Bottom line, they have what they have because that's what they want. They don't really care about ne'er-do-wells jumping the turnstiles, or they'd take steps to prevent them from doing so.

Dude was a drunk ass moron, but in all seriousness, his family is gonna sue and they're gonna win, because their lawyer is gonna say NYC "could have prevented turnstile jumping if they really didn't want people to do it, and NYC has a duty to protect drunk ass morons from their drunk ass moron self". That's probably not verbatim, but it'll go something like that.

The World is beginning to spin off its axis. You can see it every, single, day.

Sometimes being drunk gets you dead. Hey, **** happens.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched the video and drunk did not come to mind.

What I thought of was these kids today do not exercise at all except with their thumbs.
Sad how week some people are.

And yea you could have crawled under it.
Not sure, my old, fat butt jumped a fence when playing pickle ball. It occurred to me mid jump, my mind may still think my body can still do something it can’t. Thankfully I didn’t bite it, and my coworkers were a bit in shock at the sight of it all.

i used the gate to comeback on the court after grabbing the pickleball.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unsteady?? That dude looed like a Weeble.

I've never been in the NYC subway, but I've also never seen a turnstile that could be jumped over that couldn't also be crawled under. At my age, I do a lot more crawling than I do jumping.

Darwin Award nominee right there.

I believe that the guy probably didn't want to remove his backpack and then have to put it back on again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom