Man fatally shot at Carter Co. gun range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just heard about it and I know the kid involved in the shooting. He works at the range. I don't know anything else except what I've seen on local TV.
Too bad. I shoot with that kid when I'm there and he's a hell of a shot. The incident happened in the parking lot just outside the building.
I'm sure that means the end of the range and I really liked shooting there. It was perfect when I had to be in the Ardmore office and I'd drive right by it to and from.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just heard about it and I know the kid involved in the shooting. He works at the range. I don't know anything else except what I've seen on local TV.
Too bad. I shoot with that kid when I'm there and he's a hell of a shot. The incident happened in the parking lot just outside the building.
I'm sure that means the end of the range and I really liked shooting there. It was perfect when I had to be in the Ardmore office and I'd drive right by it to and from.

Disgruntled enployee, perhaps?

It's tragic. Does the victim have any family?

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Disgruntled enployee, perhaps?

It's tragic. Does the victim have any family?
I don't think it had anything to do with a disgruntled employee. That's not been reported or been relayed to me.
With the nature of the kid, I find it hard to think of him loosing a screw suddenly and going off on another employee or management.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
May not know till the 10 o'clock news as to what happened. Just hard to think that the employee would have just shot someone for no reason.
I pray for all involved including the owners who will be directly impacted. Like I said, they went the extra mile in keeping the range safe. It was building it's business with people of all ages and incomes enjoying shooting.
Last time I was there (last week) I talked to a couple I'd seen a couple of times there. He was with a walker and she was just barely getting around, but they both liked shooting and were pretty good. I say this because things like this might stop folks like this from coming back.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you know the dead guy was a victim? How do you know he was not the belligerent party?

I usually presume most people shot in parking lots are the victims. I guess you're right, but a tragedy nonetheless.

I have no information on the situation, so of course I can only guess and speculate. That is obvious.

Latest posts

Top Bottom