Man fatally shot at Carter Co. gun range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If your referring to the deceased one look at OSCN and you will see this guy had a history of domestics, drugs, resisting arrests, etc, etc.
I was referring to the shooter as the good person, and hopefully a shady character sheriff would not cause problems. It seems as though the shady sheriff is not in a position to cause problems and the POS will not cause anymore. Good riddance MF!

noslogto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Carter County Sheriff Chris Bryant said late Tuesday the inquiry into an altercation that turned deadly outside a local firing range Monday was moving closer to competition.

The sheriff said evidence links the 58-year-old man, who died after being shot outside Grandma’s Gun Range, to a domestic assault at a nearby location earlier in the day. However, that assault does not appear linked to his arrival at the gun range nor the altercation with a gun range employee that led to the shooting.

“There were numerous witnesses to the circumstances surrounding the shooting. We have conducted multiple interviews with those witnesses. We have also talked with the victim of the prior assault. At this point, we are continuing to gather any remaining information that’s available,” Bryant said. “We are also waiting the results of an autopsy being carried out at the state medical examiner’s office. When we have all information compiled we will present it to the district attorney for review.”
Continued from Page 1A

speculate on exactly when he expected to turn the investigative reports over to the district attorney for a decision of whether charges will be sought. He did confirm the investigation has not resulted in an arrest.

Deputies responded to the gun range, located on U.S. Highway 70 east of Lake Murray about noon. Information concerning a suspected “active” shooter proved to be erroneous

and was quelled shortly after investigators contained the scene and began the processes of obtaining evidence. Deputies worked into the evening Monday conducting interviews with eye witnesses.

Anyone who has not been interviewed, but believes they may have information about the events leading up to the shooting or other pertinent details are urged to contact the CCSD at (580) 223-6014.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Refresh my memory wasn't the Carter county Sheriff known for allowing shady characters in his home and other nefarious behavior. Hopefully this case receives an honest and fair investigation. I don't want to see a good person dragged through the mud.
Southern Oklahoma has a few shady sheriff's. The one in Love County (just next to Carter) is the one you're referring to and he was removed from office.
The former Carter County sheriff was removed from office for sexual contact with an employee tied to her (and her husbands) employment. He was removed from office.
The new Carter County Sheriff and Love County Sheriff, seem to be good guys.
I hope this issue is resolved quickly. Some of the information is coming out as it can. Some of the gossip is completely wrong and will hurt people that don't deserve it.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sadly yes. How are you feeling?

Pretty good. Having trouble with my larynx (sp) not closing all the way. Apparently that is a pretty common complication, but even if I had known that was gonna happen for sure I still would do it again. Being pain-free is an exhilarating experience! The throat thing may or may not require another surgery. We're gonna do some speech therapy first. Sometimes it takes as long as a year to resolve so it will be a while before I know. The old man is enjoying the **** outta me not having a voice, though ... :grumble::brick::lmfao:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty good. Having trouble with my larynx (sp) not closing all the way. Apparently that is a pretty common complication, but even if I had known that was gonna happen for sure I still would do it again. Being pain-free is an exhilarating experience! The throat thing may or may not require another surgery. We're gonna do some speech therapy first. Sometimes it takes as long as a year to resolve so it will be a while before I know. The old man is enjoying the **** outta me not having a voice, though ... :grumble::brick::lmfao:
Ha!

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That may have saved my marriage. Wait, no, no it wouldnt have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom