Man, it's always somethin', ain't it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
TL;DR at the bottom

So I took the weekend off this weekend, for specific reasons. I have to ask for time off about 2 months in advance, and taking an entire weekend (Fri, Sat AND Sun) means someone else has to work the entire thing, too. I've done my share of working all of them, so it is what it is.

So plans were, Friday night to stay in Tulsa with the family. Got a room at the Holiday Inn. Went to Fat Guys for dinner then to the Air1 Positive Hits Tour show for a bunch of good artists including Skillet, one of my favorite bands.

About halfway through the show, I start getting sick - not like puking my toenails up, but feeling pretty cruddy, worried I'm going to have to exit, but I never do. I make it through the show, which was really good, but it kinda dulled the experience a bit for me - dunno if it was the burger or just the general crud, or what.

Back at the hotel, still feel crappy all night, AND the heater doesn't work for shite, so we end up basically freezing most of the night. Ugh.

We've had crappy luck with hotel breakfasts the last few times, so we plan on going out - took the family and dropped them at IHOP because I wasn't feeling well, still. Went to Fat Boys, got my raffle tix, then met back up with them and ate some toast and a glass of water.

Next, we had planned on going to the PAC to see the local production of Amadeus, which happens to be the play my favorite movie evar is based upon. I make it through the first act, feeling sick, overheated packed into those seats, have to leave at intermission and spend the rest of the time in the truck with the windows down trying to feel better.

Give up on Tulsa, come home and start feeling a little better, the wife and I decide to go try a Mexican restaurant we've been eyeballing - turns out we shoulda passed. I felt better, but the food was a disappointment. So we come back home, have a couple of drinks, watch a movie (again... lots of big names, ended up not being so good) and I pass out hardcore at 9:30ish.

So I wake up early this morning, I am feeling normal again, and I start making plans to go to first service at church, then head down to Wanenmacher's for the afternoon, maybe sell a couple of my surplus ARs to see if I can find something cool to pick up myself. The wife says she will go, too, and I'm thinking having HER strutting around with an AR strapped on, it's guaranteed to sell! W00T!

Even though my weekend has been somewhat dulled by illness and circumstances, I'm thinking to myself, "Hey, it's cool. At least I've still got one more night off, feeling well now, so I can enjoy Sunday night at home with the family." Even thought of making some of my now-famous bacon chocolate chip cookies to take to work for the crew. They've been asking lately, lol. ;)

So... just about the time church is ending and I'm thinking which rifles I'm going to take to Tulsa to try to offload... I get a text message. My nighttime counterpart is sick, everyone else is unavailable - so I guess I'm going in to work tonight. Not to mention I had already agreed to come in 2 hours early tomorrow (Monday) for one of the guys so he could go to an event at his church. I thought it would be cool, since it was my first day back. Coming in early on a turnaround means very little sleep - I work 12h shifts and commute almost 3h round-trip. So it makes it tough. So I guess now I'm getting a hotel room tomorrow morning so I can get at least some decent sleep.

<sigh> Always sumthin', ain't it? lol

TL;DR - took the weekend off to spend with the family, doing family things - got sick, felt crappy, now my "weekend off" is cut short and have to go in to work for someone else who is sick.

<edit> Yeah, I know, I'm whining. Oh well... I'm just bummed. :(

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since not all your plans worked out, send your wife out here to Utah to strut around with your AR's. You might could still make some money by selling them...

...well, except for losing money on the "shipping."

Seriously, I hope everyone gets well soon.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since not all your plans worked out, send your wife out here to Utah to strut around with your AR's. You might could still make some money by selling them...

...well, except for losing money on the "shipping."

Seriously, I hope everyone gets well soon.

Haha... yeah, well. She ain't goin' on no vacay without ME! lol

Time to head off for the salt mines... ya'll have a good Sunday evening.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've found that eating out causes a lot of stomach distress whereas when I eat at home it's alright, no problems. I think it's the additives they put in their food to preserve the food longer could be the culprit.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I temember back a few years ago (mid 90s) a kid we go to church with, that we used babysit when he and his sister were little, was a HUGE hockey fan. The Pittsburg Penguins was his team and his favorite players were Mario Lemeaux and Jaromir Jagr.

Well, high graduation day rolled around and the Pens were gonna play the Dallas Stars early that season.

His folks asked him what he wanted for his graduation gift and he said he wanted to go to the game in big D.

So we all went, his folks paid for everybody's ticket (65 bucks each!) and I'll be go to hell if Lemeaux and Jagr were both on the freekin' DL! :pissed:

Oh well. We got to see Patrick Lalime kick ass in the crease if nothing else. :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom