Man paralyzed from fall at BLM rally sues city of Tulsa, Oklahoma Highway Patrol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They do. They invest time and resources getting a case to settlement -- or trial -- as the case may be. But nuisance settlements are a way to make a living if you can't (or don't want) to do it the right way. Damn lawyers ruin everything! 😒

😉😂😂😂

They are filing frivolous lawsuits. The city settles to end the situation. WE pay for it.
Don't settle, have a Judge throw it out as frivolous and FINE the Lawyer and the idiot, plus court costs.

A lawyer filing 3 frivolous suits is disbarred.

Amazing how fast the BS would end.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s a great idea, but now I’m going to sue you because you said my suit was frivolous. It’s never ending. It would clear an entire new option for lawyers.

It should be law that if you sue someone and lose you have to pay ALL court costs. It would cut down on frivolous lawsuits.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The point is…who decides what is frivolous?

That just takes common sense (yes, I know, not so common anymore, but....). How about people trying to get me to crash into them when I drive my company vehicle because they know even if they are at fault they can sue my company and get a settlement. Stuff like that, where the plaintiff is clearly at fault and just chasing settlement money.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It should be law that if you sue someone and lose you have to pay ALL court costs. It would cut down on frivolous lawsuits.

Generally speaking the loser is responsible for attorneys' fees and costs ... Yet another impetus for not going to trial. If it doesn't make it to trial ... Well you can see the writing on the wall.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The point is…who decides what is frivolous?
Ordering a cup of coffee, spilling coffee on yourself and suing because the coffee is HOT.

Giving your dog a bath, putting dog in microwave to dry it and suing because you watched the dog die.

Ironing your shirt, while wearing it and suing because you got burned.

The JUDGE decides. That is what they do, judge.

Read the suit and the basis for the case. Of you say, WTF?. It is frivolous.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-new...ly-sues-city-of-tulsa-oklahoma-highway-patrol
The man paralyzed from a fall at a Tulsa Black Lives Matter rally in May 2020 is suing multiple agencies, including the city of Tulsa and the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.

Thomas Knight became paralyzed from the waist down after falling from an I-244 bridge during the rally.

The suit was filed in federal court Monday. It said Knight attended the rally with his family.

The rally began in downtown Tulsa's Greenwood District. At one point, the crowd went up an I-244 access ramp and onto the highway, blocking traffic. One of the vehicles blocked was a truck pulling a horse trailer.

The lawsuit said witnesses saw the driver of the truck brandish a weapon. Videos show people crowding the truck, the truck running over some people and the crowd dispersing.

According to the lawsuit, this is what led Knight to fall off the bridge. He fell 20 feet to the street below and broke bones in his spine. He’s now paralyzed from the waist down.

Knight is suing the city of Tulsa, OHP the driver of the truck, and others including Tulsa Police Chief Wendell Franklin, 15 unnamed TPD officers and 15 unnamed OHP deputies.

The lawsuit claims “deliberate indifference” by TPD, OHP and their employees led to Knight becoming paralyzed. It said "His injuries were eminently preventable and should never have happened. Had the Defendants taken even the most basic of precautions, Plaintiff (Knight) would not have lost the use of his legs and his suffering, and his family's suffering, could have been spared."

It also said TPD officers funneled the crowd onto the I-244 access ramp. It claims Tulsa police failed to implement any policies and procedures to guide its officers on how to handle civil demonstrations.

As for OHP, the lawsuit said they did nothing to assist the truck driver through the crowd and failed to exercise care regarding the flow of traffic.

It also alleges negligence from the truck driver, who has not been identified.
Can you believe this? I guess the DUMB-ING DOWN OF AMERICA IS ABOUT COMPLETE? Our great country has achieved the UN-disputed highest standard of living in ALL OF human history! We are so afluent we likely lead the world in the number of SPOILED BRATS PRODUCED! EVEN OUR POOR PEOPLE HAVE BECOME SPOILED BRATS, AND I AM SURE THAT HAS NEVER BEEN ACHIEVED BY ANY SOCITY BEFORE, RIGHT?

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many jurisdictions settle out of court to avoid the cost of litigation. I'm not saying it's right, as a matter of fact I'm totally against the practice because it just inspires more frivolous law suits, nevertheless that's the way it is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom