Man these folks we’re very 🍀 lucky

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago I was driving through the Wichita Mtns. Refuge when I saw a car with plates from a NE state parked on the side of the road and a family with small children were walking out to a group of about 6 Bison. I yelled at them it was very dangerous, the "Dad" turned to me and told me to mind my own "F"ing business.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
The wife and I rode my Roadking through the refuge in 2008. Got hung up in a bit of traffic that had stopped to watch a shaggy old bull amble down the side of the road. I was NOT comfortable with how close we were to him sitting stuck in traffic on the bike. We were close enough we could smell him.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago I was driving through the Wichita Mtns. Refuge when I saw a car with plates from a NE state parked on the side of the road and a family with small children were walking out to a group of about 6 Bison. I yelled at them it was very dangerous, the "Dad" turned to me and told me to mind my own "F"ing business.
Did you follow his advice and walk away or stay true to your nature and save them from themselves?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in 2018, we drove through the Wichita Mountains refuge and I saw this fellow up on an embankment off the road. I was out and photographing him, but I was also using a 200-500mm zoom lens, so I didn't have to get too close.

I think he was sizing me up and decided that he just didn't want to chase after me so far. It was probably pretty warm that day.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I probably drive though the Refuge 4-6 times a week and have learned that everyone coexists just fine (man and beast) as long as we leave them alone. They’re very familiar with cars and if you just pass on by you’re good. Also nothing wrong stopping on the side of the road to appreciate the view. They have really come down as the grass is plenty and they’re enjoying the buffet. I counted 93 of them last month.
EE6D8FF1-C758-47BB-A821-165C281C86CE.jpeg
D2E08B58-20D9-41DD-B66C-B5332D915B5C.jpeg
56D0AD1B-C4D5-4F51-BA63-168AB33C055D.jpeg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The effing a-hole kept ahold of that kid while he was being mauled. Peeves me off, the ol buff should’ve stomped him more for that.
To me, it looked like he ran up to try and protect the kid and could not let go in time. The 2 idiots in the hats were the ones taking the kid into danger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom