• Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  • All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Map on my classifieds thread

donner

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I moved this thread out of the GD and into the help section.

The map uses the zip code you enter, not the address you post from, if that is what you're worried about.

Beyond that, there have been requests for changing the size of the map and other tweaks, but i don't know if Steve has any plans to change it.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporter
Reaction score
I understand that some folks would like to have it removed completely, and that's cool. I personally kinda like it, but I would REALLY like to see it much smaller.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks for the move. What is weird is that I didn't enter my zip...lol I'm pretty sure I skipped it, at least I thought I did. Yeah, if we have to have it on there, then making it smaller would be nice.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you enter your address the map will show that address. If you just enter the city and zip the map will show a vicinity.

ETA: If you go into the dealer area and compare my first add to my last add you can see the differences in the way the map works.

Okuma

Crocodylus Pontifex
Staff Member
Administrator
Reaction score
If you enter your address the map will show that address. If you just enter the city and zip the map will show a vicinity.

ETA: If you go into the dealer area and compare my first add to my last add you can see the differences in the way the map works.
We don't have an option to enter your whole address, just your zip.

And the map is completely optional, just leave the zip out and there will not be a map in your ad.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And the map is completely optional, just leave the zip out and there will not be a map in your ad.

Aha! Good to know - don't remember, is there an indication which fields are "mandatory" and which are not?

And a somewhat related question - is the option to use or not use one's signature on any particular post, or remove it after posting, still there somewhere and I'm missing it? Or has that gone away with the old forum software?

Top Bottom