Marijuana, Give them an inch...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boy am I in the minority.

If you’re against recreational you’re probably in the majority. I don’t think even the marijuana industry in Oklahoma is ready for a constitutional amendment. It’s too early in the process. We haven’t got the medical marijuana processes fully worked out yet.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you’re against recreational you’re probably in the majority. I don’t think even the marijuana industry in Oklahoma is ready for a constitutional amendment. It’s too early in the process. We haven’t got the medical marijuana processes fully worked out yet.

Yes but we ALL knew medical was just a backdoor attempt to get recreational despite all the claims of health benefits. The few people that did not know it were deaf, dumb and blind.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$40,000,000 in licensure fees alone for users in the first year of so-called 'medical' legalization. You can bet the state isn't going to want to give that money up no-way, no-how.

Would need about $300M in ADDITIONAL marijuana sales to make up that shortfall, at 15% tax rate.

I just don't see the state .gov getting behind the effort in the least.

That license fee number will fall off......dramatically....but I'm with ya. Don't see recreational passing now.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
2 years, I believe. Then you have to get it renewed. It will be a solid source of extra income for a number of my colleagues for many years to come, unless recreational MJ is passed.
Good talking point. So, if we keep med M, the money is spread around in the private sector. If it goes rec then the majority of the money will go to the state?
If it goes rec then why renew the card,right?
I know the state benefits either way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom