Marijuana, Give them an inch...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What if someone figures out how to alter their mindset/alleviate pain/make things with some other common plant or weed? Will the government need to save the people from themselves again?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’m surprised by people saying “tax the hell out of it.” I thought we were generally a group of people who believed in lowering taxes? Are we really just like the democrats who want to heavily tax an industry we don’t like? Plenty of people on this forum would cry government overstep if additional taxes were levied on firearms or ammo in this state. Am I the only one seeing a double standard?
I’ll admit, you got me. But once again, to avoid taxes , one must become a criminal.
I wonder what the penalty for buying product for someone that doesn’t have a card? I know it’s a minor thing but in order to deregulate one thing, we have to regulate another thing.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Certain substances are heavily taxed a LOT more than others... usually 'luxury tax' is what we call them, taxes on smokes, on booze. Gasoline is another one more heavily taxed than all but a few realize, since it is 'rolled in' with the price you see at the pump and always has been - almost a 'hidden' tax. People complain about oil companies getting tax breaks, but their product is one of the most heavily taxed items in our economy - nationally averaged, anyways. In Oklahoma it isn't as bad as a lot of places, but in Pennsylvania, it is 77 cents per gallon, in Cali it is 72. Here in OK, near as I can tell, it's only 20 cents per gallon plus the national tax of 18 cents per gallon for a total of 38.

Personally I am against most taxes, yes. I am not one saying we should 'heavily' tax marijuana. Although when you figure in the actual sales tax on it, the taxes on the industry as a whole, and the tax of having to get a card/permit for it, that's all a tax, too.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Recreational use of pot-the next thing they'll want to do is make prostitution legal. Then they'll want free beer with all the tax dollars. Guys, this country isn't what it used to be, we no longer have male and female, we have binary, pansexual ( don't know what that is and I'm scared to find out), some circles condone and the last administration encouraged the gay lifestyle etc, etc. Some things just aren't right regardless of liberal opinions. Maybe I'm too old and set in my ways but in my day men were men and women were women and we had standards but now I guess anything goes if it produces tax dollars for politicians to spend. It looks like as a nation we're getting weaker in many ways.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recreational use of pot-the next thing they'll want to do is make prostitution legal. Then they'll want free beer with all the tax dollars. Guys, this country isn't what it used to be, we no longer have male and female, we have binary, pansexual ( don't know what that is and I'm scared to find out), some circles condone and the last administration encouraged the gay lifestyle etc, etc. Some things just aren't right regardless of liberal opinions. Maybe I'm too old and set in my ways but in my day men were men and women were women and we had standards but now I guess anything goes if it produces tax dollars for politicians to spend. It looks like as a nation we're getting weaker in many ways.

In your ideal world what lifestyle choices would a person be fined/jailed for?

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious as to how the petition signing will go. Last time they fell short, but not by a whole lot. I was truly surprised by how many people I know that said "Heck, if I'd known they were going to fall short I'd have went down and signed. Looked they would have enough so I didn't bother". I'm a conservative and where I work I'm surrounded by conservatives. Most of my family is, too. I never realized so many people I know (life-long conservatives) wouldn't mind seeing it legal for recreational use. Some want to use it themselves, some for other peoples freedom of choice in such matters and some for tax revenue. Not saying I'm convinced it will, but I won't be one bit surprised if it gets on the ballot and passes.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks beardking for clearing that up. I’ll be honest, I haven’t read all the laws. I agree with Blake711 though. Tax the hell out of it. Actually, the point to my post was there are plenty of people taking advantage that the state never got the fees for the MM card.
You sound like you have done some research, care to show me those numbers?
MMMkay then

Latest posts

Top Bottom