Marijuana, Give them an inch...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I understand you can't have a pot card and legally own firearms.....just for the heck of it I wonder if they run a everybody's name across the CC list that is applying for a pot card ?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is weed taxed like alcohol? 7%+ Sales tax? Alcohol can get up to 21% total in liquor by the drink taxes.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wanna bet? When it makes it to the ballot, it will be a landslide.
They need a little under 200k signatures.
There are well over 200k people with a medical card to sign plus another 100k people to boot. It will get the signatures in 30 days. Then a landslide vote, probably 75%

I hope you’re right, but I really don’t think you are.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recreational use of pot-the next thing they'll want to do is make prostitution legal.
Personally, I don't see why prostitution isn't legal. It's a simple transaction between two consenting adults. No need to get the government mixed up in it (well, except for the income tax, of course).

Maybe I'm too old and set in my ways but in my day men were men and women were women and we had standards but now I guess anything goes if it produces tax dollars for politicians to spend. It looks like as a nation we're getting weaker in many ways.

No, in your day men were men, women were women and men were with men and women were with women, the only difference is that they had to hide who/what they were doing. I'm not all for the 45586784 different genders concept, but again, what one adult (or many) does with another adult (or many) shouldn't concern us unless it directly affects us.

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I understand you can't have a pot card and legally own firearms.....just for the heck of it I wonder if they run a everybody's name across the CC list that is applying for a pot card ?

HB2612 Section 8
E. (paraphrased) Specifies that nothing in this act will prohibit a medical marijuana patient or caregiver licensee from owning, purchasing, or possessing a firearm, ammunition, or firearm accessory.

https://www.sos.ok.gov/documents/legislation/57th/2019/1R/HB/2612.pdf

Page 23

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
175k signatures needed (or there abouts) and over 200k cards issued. They all will sign it and several more as well. Probably double what they need in half the time. It will pass.
I’m sure a bunch will but there will be the ones that figure they already have their card so why bother. If the link a few posts up says the tax is 7% for medical and 15 for rec, it would make financial sense to stay med for them.
I certainly wouldn’t make it easy for someone to get something free that I just paid 300 bucks for!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m sure a bunch will but there will be the ones that figure they already have their card so why bother. If the link a few posts up says the tax is 7% for medical and 15 for rec, it would make financial sense to stay med for them.
I certainly wouldn’t make it easy for someone to get something free that I just paid 300 bucks for!
If I heard right, the new law for Recreational would not interfere with the MM law. But who wants to pay $200 every 2 years for a card to be legal when its already legal...sounds silly to me.
Almost like those who say they are going to keep a CC license even tho we have constitutional carry now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom