Marijuana, Give them an inch...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chicago took in $3.2 million tax dollars @24% MJ tax, not counting the other soaking taxes...in one day of sales....

Legal here..where is the money going to go ?

I wonder were all this tax money is going to go for...General fund or pork projects naming roads after the yahoo that was voted out before them ?

How about that hemp that has no THC,...what was the market on that ?

Will "stores" have this , just like beer, smokes, soda ?

Follow the money for answers.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, in your day men were men, women were women and men were with men and women were with women, the only difference is that they had to hide who/what they were doing. I'm not all for the 45586784 different genders concept, but again, what one adult (or many) does with another adult (or many) shouldn't concern us unless it directly affects us.[/QUOTE]
In my day they didn't push their lifestyle to our children in our schools nor teach young girls to put condoms on. You're right, they engaged then also but never pushed their agenda as they do now.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chicago took in $3.2 million tax dollars @24% MJ tax, not counting the other soaking taxes...in one day of sales....

Legal here..where is the money going to go ?

I wonder were all this tax money is going to go for...General fund or pork projects naming roads after the yahoo that was voted out before them ?

How about that hemp that has no THC,...what was the market on that ?

Will "stores" have this , just like beer, smokes, soda ?

Follow the money for answers.

Well, not Chicago, but close...

...an Alderwoman in Evanston, IL has an idea for what to do with the taxes...

U.S. City to Pay Reparations to African Americans

As quoted under the first photo at that news link:

"Alderman Robin Rue Simmons said it was a "radical" step "to preserve the black population""

If she's so concerned with preserving the black population, perhaps she could convince the black mothers to NOT abort their babies.

(OK. So this hasn't actually been decided yet, but it is Illinois.)

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I heard right, the new law for Recreational would not interfere with the MM law. But who wants to pay $200 every 2 years for a card to be legal when its already legal...sounds silly to me.
Almost like those who say they are going to keep a CC license even tho we have constitutional carry now.

Buddy of mine moved to CO for several reasons, one of which was marijuana . He has a medical card because they offer different things for recreational vs medical, at least that's how I'm understanding him . Would that be the case here?

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
but isn't that what they did 'in your day'? Make the act between two consenting adults a crime?
What difference does it make how you or I feel? Society is going to do what they want and influence the masses. I say it's wrong and you say it's right regardless of facts... now let's go rest a bit. I'm not going to argue with you or confuse you with facts because your mind is made up already and I can't change it...

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What difference does it make how you or I feel? Society is going to do what they want and influence the masses. I say it's wrong and you say it's right regardless of facts... now let's go rest a bit. I'm not going to argue with you or confuse you with facts because your mind is made up already and I can't change it...

you just asked where the 'jail' thing came from and i pointed out the historic fact. I'm not arguing anything at this point, just suggesting it's where the comment stemmed from.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to say, I don't think the state should legalize it for recreational use. I think the federal government needs to get their heads out of their hind quarters and legalize it for any and all use and treat it (and tax it) just like alcohol. I know a lot more people that have had negative affects on their lives because of alcohol than with marijuana and alcohol is perfectly legal.

If I want to sit around and get baked and eat Cheetos and play Xbox all day, as long as I'm of legal age I should be able to do just that.

Word.

I can get blasted on alcohol, or I can have a generous couple-fingers' pour of Basil Hayden and mellow out after dinner. I can wreck myself on Ambien, or I can use as prescribed when I have problems sleeping. I can crush and snort hydrocodone or oxy, or I can use as prescribed for pain management. I can take dextromethorphan for a chest cold, or I can chug it until I trip my balls off. I can take a Xanax football for diagnosed anxiety, or I chew up some footballs until I'm contently drooling at m desk watching Youtube. Etc...

I can smoke myself so stupid on MJ that I can't even stand, or I can take a 5 or 10 mg edible and chill out after a rough day before falling asleep for 9 restful hours. It's literally no better or no worse than the others noted above. And it shouldn't be discriminated against just because our government feels threatened by a plant that anyone with two brain cells to rub together could grow some of their own.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I heard right, the new law for Recreational would not interfere with the MM law. But who wants to pay $200 every 2 years for a card to be legal when its already legal...sounds silly to me.
Almost like those who say they are going to keep a CC license even tho we have constitutional carry now.
Because some of us travel all over this great country and some states don't recognize Constitutional Carry that we travel to, so I don't want to be disarmed because I let my Ok CC license lapse.
It's not silly thinking, it's called thinking ahead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom