Marijuana users feel MORE pain:...cannabis lowers pain tolerance...users need more painkillers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, what medical knowledge do you need to grow a plant? He isn't cutting ingredients, mixing them together and pressing them into a pill or putting them in a gel capsule. You completely miss the point. Marijuana is effective without any tampering by mankind.
But does he have the medical knowledge to navigate through patient's prescriptions, Interactions? Is a pharmacists in a white coat explaining that weed, with the little purple pill could cause a hypotensive crisis? Luckily, I have experience with this street "drug" and medications interactions. It's a very common occurrence on the ambulance. But, because it's grown and from the earth is great, free pass.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
But does he have the medical knowledge to navigate through patient's prescriptions, Interactions? Is a pharmacists in a white coat explaining that weed, with the little purple pill could cause a hypotensive crisis? Luckily, I have experience with this street "drug" and medications interactions. It's a very common occurrence on the ambulance. But, because it's grown and from the earth is great, free pass.

lol

I have "the conversation" with people on an almost daily basis. Bottom line, no drug is a miracle. No substance is a miracle. Nothing. And MJ has side effects and failures and tolerance and other dangers just like prescription medications, like any substance out there - period. But it's funny how rabid people are about it and how they aren't hearing anything but what feeds into their internal narrative. Like how Tylenol is the worst, most deadly substance ever concocted, but then they storm out refusing a drug test so they can get their prescription for pain meds renewed.

SMGDH.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

all are valid points, and true of the current system (even in states where it's still illegal in all forms). And not because of the use of weed so much as the legal limitations that remain. Remove those and it becomes easier to handle out of legitimate pharmacies, or at least have productive conversations about it without fear of legal repercussions.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you support disestablishment of the FDA in general or is it just on this one drug you have an issue?

Well we have to look at "this one drug" as it's the only one (besides peyote, sonoroan desert toads, and a few other things... so the only "mainstream" drug so to speak) that's been legislated and restricted to the extent that it is. I disagree with the outright prohibition on substances like Schedule I does. Pretty much every other abused substance is regulated and legally available as a (lower than Schedule I) pharmaceutical (think amphetamines or opiates or fentanyl) or an OTC medicine (i.e. dextromethorphan or pseudo-ephedrine) or recreational intoxicant (i.e. alcohol, caffeine, nicotine).

It's hypocritical to treat Marijuana worse than the other substances the FDA regulates. I'd say I support a gutting and reorganization and repurposing of the FDA.

Last edited:

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ever notice how ol' Snake is pretty much a drop-and-run poster, never sticking around to discuss anything? If he were always posting the same site, I'd call him a paid shill. Hell, he may still be.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone notice that the 56 represent 20pct of the total admitted to trauma clinics? If this was alcohol use would anyone dare defending it? Thinking probably not.

It would be interesting to see the alcohol stats on this same group and any penalty assigned. I'm not up the regimen, what does recent use constitute of, 6 hours, 12 hours, 30 days?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
This makes absolutely no sense to me at all. (Yes, I know ...)

Because they're using controlled substances prescribed by their physician but are also using illegal substances like MJ. Fact is, these days, with the way the DEA and OBNDD are monitoring things, as a physician, if you're prescribing controlled substances for a patient routinely without having a pain contract agreement in place in the medical record and doing routine random drug screens, you're asking to get your license pulled, or at least censured. I don't want either, so I'm essentially cutting out ALL routine pain medicine scripts. It's just not worth all the extra time and effort and work and hassle that goes into it, when you're trying to keep up with all the other regulations and mandates the stupid .gov has in place just so you can make a living and get paid for what you already do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom