Marine Corps Birthday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Happy Birthday, Jarheads.

As for @USMC , maybe he should see which military branch is the oldest and has suffered the most casualties, but then, I don't know his criteria for saying the "greatest fighting force?
When your counterparts and even your enemies have great things to say about you, you’re usually pretty damn good.

Why the hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can; they are all the same kind of men...
why can't the Army be like the Marines?"
- Commander-in-Chief, AEF General J. Pershing, U.S. Army

"The safest place in Korea was right behind a platoon of Marines. Lord, how they could fight."
- Major General Frank Lowe, U.S. Army

Quotes about Marines from our enemies

"Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army."
- Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War; shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered to not wear their khaki leggings to keep the enemy from immediately fleeing

"Panic sweeps my men when they are facing the American Marines!"
- Captured North Korean Major

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Happy 247th Birthday to all Leathernecks and the Marine Corps! Special salute to 0311sView attachment 318008
Not completely true. These three MOS wear wings or are static/free fall qualified. In all reality, that’s how you get to work and a few more bucks in your pay. I can’t think of a large Army unit that’s amphibious qualified or has its own Navy 😜

Air Naval Gunfire Liaison Company (ANGLICO), may soon go the way of the dodo bird
Recon
Raiders
But yes, very small units as compared to the big Army’s Airborne divisions

Last edited:

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Not completely true. These three MOS wear wings or are static/free fall qualified. In all reality, that’s how you get to work and a few more bucks in your pay. I can’t think of a large Army unit that’s amphibious qualified or has its own Navy 😜

Air Naval Gunfire Liaison Company (ANGLICO), may soon go the way of the dodo bird
Recon
Raiders
But yes, very small units as compared to the big Army’s Airborne divisions
That was the benign meme that I chose to keep the peace. Lol

Maybe I'll post the good stuff tomorrow??

Latest posts

Top Bottom