Marine In Afganistan Gets Dear John Letter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought this was innovative and funny!

A Marine stationed in Afghanistan recently received a Dear John type letter from his girlfriend. You know the type if you have ever been in a long distance relationship of any sort, especially having served overseas for any length of time. Mail is often coveted and their only means of communication with their world back home.

The girlfriend – Becky’s letter read as follows –

Dear Ricky,

I can no longer continue our relationship. The distance between us is just too great. I must admit that I have cheated on you twice since you’ve been gone and it’s not fair to either of us. I’m sorry. Please return the picture of me that I sent to you. Love, Becky

The Marine – Ricky – was naturally hurt considering the way the letter reads. Who wouldn’t be? You develop a relationship and feelings for someone, make promises, and you have certain expectations as a result. Apparently, Becky never got the memo on absence makes the heart grow fonder.

So with hurt feelings and a long way from home, serving his country, Ricky proceeds to ask all his buddies for pictures. Any snapshots they could spare of current girlfriends, ex-girlfriends, wives, aunts, cousins, mothers, sisters, and any other remotely attractive female photo that he could locate. In addition to the photo of Becky, Ricky included 57 other photos of all the beautiful females he was able to get from his fellow Marine brothers. He included all of them in the envelope with the letter he wrote in response to Becky:

I’m so sorry, but I can’t quite remember who the heck you are. Please take your picture from the pile and send the rest back to me.

Take Care, Ricky

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought this was innovative and funny!

A Marine stationed in Afghanistan recently received a Dear John type letter from his girlfriend. You know the type if you have ever been in a long distance relationship of any sort, especially having served overseas for any length of time. Mail is often coveted and their only means of communication with their world back home.

The girlfriend – Becky’s letter read as follows –

Dear Ricky,

I can no longer continue our relationship. The distance between us is just too great. I must admit that I have cheated on you twice since you’ve been gone and it’s not fair to either of us. I’m sorry. Please return the picture of me that I sent to you. Love, Becky

The Marine – Ricky – was naturally hurt considering the way the letter reads. Who wouldn’t be? You develop a relationship and feelings for someone, make promises, and you have certain expectations as a result. Apparently, Becky never got the memo on absence makes the heart grow fonder.

So with hurt feelings and a long way from home, serving his country, Ricky proceeds to ask all his buddies for pictures. Any snapshots they could spare of current girlfriends, ex-girlfriends, wives, aunts, cousins, mothers, sisters, and any other remotely attractive female photo that he could locate. In addition to the photo of Becky, Ricky included 57 other photos of all the beautiful females he was able to get from his fellow Marine brothers. He included all of them in the envelope with the letter he wrote in response to Becky:

I’m so sorry, but I can’t quite remember who the heck you are. Please take your picture from the pile and send the rest back to me.

Take Care, Ricky
Dam that’s priceless. Love it.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When my buddy (1974) received a Dear John while stationed in Korea,,,
He sent her a Polaroid of him with a half dozen Korean hookers.

He captioned the picture "Thanks for the Release"

When I received mine about 3 months later,,,
I celebrated the event with a party.

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom