Mark Twain’s guns while going out west

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a technician, I was called to assist all over the country and I had to carry my tools so I had to drive to the job. In the last few years before retiring, I really got into audible books. I really enjoyed nonfiction while I was driving.
I usually listen to music when I drive, since I don't really have to pay attention to it, except that my wife will read to me on long trips, and I enjoy that. Even as old and creaky as we both are, I still like listening to her voice. :) I'm also addicted to reading. Pretty much a minimum of a book a day. I've not had to drive long distance to work since I retired from the USAF in 1997, so never got into the audible books other than the two of us reading to each other. Her health is bad, and her eyes are getting worse, so I'm likely to be doing more reading to her than we've usually done, though. She's not quite addicted to reading as much as I am, but I've bought her a new kindle every couple of years until this last one, which died and bricked itself just after the warranty period ended. So I bought her a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 10.5" screen tablet, and she though it was too heavy, so she asked for my 2019 Galaxy Tab 8 8" screen tablet. It was lighter and easier for her to hold, so now I have her tablet.

I read a lot of science fiction and fantasy, but I also have a lot more info and books/magazines on metalworking, firearms, chemistry, weapons, and stuff that is at least peripherally related, like lapidary and gemstones, mechanics, and machine tools and machining. Working on digitizing a lot of my collections on those subjects, too. That 10.5" screen is really nice for viewing a magazine at nearly full size. :) And I've got a 1TB microSD card in the tablet with, so far, about 600GB of data, most of it non-fiction. Lots of old machining books from Archive.org, for example. Google Books, too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom