MArlin 336 sold on GBroker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just thought ya'll would find this interesting. This sale just closed last night.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/924039672
A regular Marlin 336 in 30-30 sold for $905. It had 48 bids, so not a fluke.

It was a pre-safety, 1974 model. Not mint, but not beat up; just a regular 336 that can be found in closets all over the country. No box, no papers, no scope...just a Marlin 336.

Wow.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fake bidder. The seller will claim the buyer backed out to avoid the fees and relist it. They were feeling out the market and seems they done a good job figuring out how much they can get for it.
Maybe.
There were a lot of bidders with feedback, and 48 total bids.
That's a lot of work to not sell something.

I looked at other sales, these 336 rifles are selling for $750+ all the time. Mid $800 is not uncommon. And that's the 30-30s.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe.
There were a lot of bidders with feedback, and 48 total bids.
That's a lot of work to not sell something.

I looked at other sales, these 336 rifles are selling for $750+ all the time. Mid $800 is not uncommon. And that's the 30-30s.
Yep!! Been looking for one for a while. $7-900 is real unfortunately. Do not know if it is the trend setters making tacticool rifles out of them or what.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shew. Looking at those prices on GB makes me think everyone is trying to get their money before Ruger floods the market with them again. No way I'd pay those prices for a lever action or anything with Marlin's name on it.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Shew. Looking at those prices on GB makes me think everyone is trying to get their money before Ruger floods the market with them again. No way I'd pay those prices for a lever action or anything with Marlin's name on it.
Hoping Ruger puts out a quality weapon...

Latest posts

Top Bottom