marlin camp 9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urbanscout

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking for a carbine in 9mm for a multi purpose rifle to match my Glock 17. I have read alot about the marlin camp 9, but never fired one.

Questions for people with experiance with the marlin camp 9:

Your over all opinion?
Are they available for a fair price?
Price you feel would be fair?
Any tips on wear to find one?

Thanks

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking for a carbine in 9mm for a multi purpose rifle to match my Glock 17. I have read alot about the marlin camp 9, but never fired one.

Questions for people with experiance with the marlin camp 9:

Your over all opinion?
Are they available for a fair price?
Price you feel would be fair?
Any tips on wear to find one?

Thanks

All I can say is that I have shot them and I liked them. Too bad they are not made any more.
As for where to get one; my best advice would be for you to try the gun auction sites.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought 1 last march at the tulsa gun show. most people are trying to get rich off of them. I went in only looking for that gun, walked the show as fast as I could when it first opened. 1st one was $400, 2nd $450, 3rd $650 and so on. about 2/3rds the way thru the show I spotted a beat up one (which was fine with me) for $275 and snapped it up.
gun shoots real good.
If you buy one change out the recoil buffer before you shoot it (from Blackjack Buffers) the nylon/plastic factory one will have probably disintegrated by now and shooting without it will damage the trigger group side plates. (had to weld/redrill hammer spring retainer holes on mine)
I also bought some new wolf recoil springs of different weights
so I can experiment which will work best with sub-sonic rounds since I put a can on it.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i like mine,some gunsmith did at one time did offer modiying mag well to take other 9 mags for other guns, dont remember if he did for glocks.aftermarket 30rd blue steel mags generaly work good.Stainless Steel 30 rd mags never work, SS is harder than blue steel to bend correctly.my front sight fell off ,bad threads, J-B weld on it 200rds its still on,sanded off blue first.on some guns, bolt hold open latch has sharp edge which will grab side of bullet as round rises up in mag ,and lock bolt back when there is still ammo in mag,remove hold open latch and examine, i very lightly ground off sharp edge at 45 degre angle, touch up with black paint, works like it should now.if you wind up liking MCC,you could trade in glock for S&W 9 and use same mag for either gun.12 shot S&W mag fits flush in MCC.its a real blast useing 30rd mag in S&W 9 ,shooting as fast as you can.

Latest posts

Top Bottom