Marlin lever action

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried it several times yesterday and it locked up everytime so I had to keep taking the magazine tube off to free it up.
Keep us posted if you figure it out. I’m hoping I can just smooth something up or something to fix this issue. If you don’t figure it out, I also suggest @SPDguns, he’s good people.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good lever action gunsmith local to the Okc area? My 1895 won't feed, it locks up.
What caliber? My .44 mag JM marked 336 locked up after a shot awhile back. They don't like full power reloads. After dumping the rounds left in the tube, I slowly worked the lever without putting too much force on it. Noticed it was coming back a few thousands every cycle. Finally removed the stuck brass.
Now to work up a new load that has less power. Those rounds work fine in the Ruger Super Redhawk revo but the rifle doesn't seem to like them.
Loaded, unfired rounds cycle through the action like glass.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What caliber? My .44 mag JM marked 336 locked up after a shot awhile back. They don't like full power reloads. After dumping the rounds left in the tube, I slowly worked the lever without putting too much force on it. Noticed it was coming back a few thousands every cycle. Finally removed the stuck brass.
Now to work up a new load that has less power. Those rounds work fine in the Ruger Super Redhawk revo but the rifle doesn't seem to like them.
Loaded, unfired rounds cycle through the action like glass.
Its a 45-70 and I was shooting factory 300 grain HPs, nothing real hot. I think something that lifts the cartridge's up is messed up. It's done this before but it's been a long time. It's just not reliable enough to hunt with now. I've read some on it today and it's seems like a lot of Marlin's have issues like these makes me wonder why there so sought after and expensive now! I've been cussing this thing since I've owned it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its a 45-70 and I was shooting factory 300 grain HPs, nothing real hot. I think something that lifts the cartridge's up is messed up. It's done this before but it's been a long time. It's just not reliable enough to hunt with now. I've read some on it today and it's seems like a lot of Marlin's have issues like these makes me wonder why there so sought after and expensive now! I've been cussing this thing since I've owned it.
Check all the screws on the receiver. A member asked me awhile back why his wouldn't eject. After talking, he found a loose screw that fixed the issue. Can't remember if it was a winchester or a marlin nor the caliber. I'll give him a text and get the brain cells refreshed.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check all the screws on the receiver. A member asked me awhile back why his wouldn't eject. After talking, he found a loose screw that fixed the issue. Can't remember if it was a winchester or a marlin nor the caliber. I'll give him a text and get the brain cells refreshed.
I will check them, it's been worked on before so that might be some of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom