Marlin lever action

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He hasn't answered, so suspect it's past his bed time.

I can relate, I fall asleep in my recliner trying to watch tv nearly every night

That would be me. The rifle Dennis speaks of was a Marlin 336 in .30-30. The lever would only move about 30-40 degrees, period, and that was with the gun unloaded. As I recall, the screw on the loading ramp was loose enough to allow the ramp to move out of position far enough to jam the action up. I got the ramp back in proper position, tightened the screw, and problem solved. I hope yours is as simple!

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That would be me. The rifle Dennis speaks of was a Marlin 336 in .30-30. The lever would only move about 30-40 degrees, period, and that was with the gun unloaded. As I recall, the screw on the loading ramp was loose enough to allow the ramp to move out of position far enough to jam the action up. I got the ramp back in proper position, tightened the screw, and problem solved. I hope yours is as simple!
I will see if I can check that out, thank you!

VTDW1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ryan...unless you are totally mechanically inept😉 It is likely simple. Maybe reloads loaded a bit too hot or a mechanical issue. Marlin lever actions are pretty simple. If you are a bit mechanical just go to:

marlinowners.com and join. That gives you access to their awesome library!!! Where you can actually find fixes the old Marlin gunsmiths wrote down! And/or post your question there and wade thru the replies.

so good luck to ya sir

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ryan...unless you are totally mechanically inept😉 It is likely simple. Maybe reloads loaded a bit too hot or a mechanical issue. Marlin lever actions are pretty simple. If you are a bit mechanical just go to:

marlinowners.com and join. That gives you access to their awesome library!!! Where you can actually find fixes the old Marlin gunsmiths wrote down! And/or post your question there and wade thru the replies.

so good luck to ya sir
Well I don't know how simple it is to fix, had a good gunsmith that I know say he doesn't work on Marlin lever actions. But thanks for the info.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a Marlin 336 and it's very simple mechanics. Take down screw, stock screw undo and find the issue.
Not sure it would need a smith. I have more than several lever actions including Henry's and Marlins. The Marlins are easy to fix. Send me a pic of the problem and pm me. Bet we can fix it on the phone

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a Marlin 336 and it's very simple mechanics. Take down screw, stock screw undo and find the issue.
Not sure it would need a smith. I have more than several lever actions including Henry's and Marlins. The Marlins are easy to fix. Send me a pic of the problem and pm me. Bet we can fix it on the phone
Been guessing what the problem is but I have no idea

VTDW1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So go ahead and PM the man. That is a great offer sir. Tell ya what...I have a set of screwdrivers made just for Marlins. If you contact him I sill gift you the screwdrivers.

save your money 💰😉

Latest posts

Top Bottom