Marlin (Ruger) 1895.....Finally got to see one in person.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a new Marlin 1895 back in 2003.
It jammed bad and I sent it back to Marlin, they kept it just shy of 5 months and 1st time I loaded it after repairs it jammed from feed tube to lift with 5 different brands of ammo.
I took it to a gun show and traded it off.
I later bought a Puma 454 Casull with 20" barrel that performed great and accurate with 45 Colt and 454 ammo.
I have a 45 Colt octagon barrel Rossi now that shoots and cycles as good as the Puma did.
I would hope Ruger figures out the value of pistol cartridge leverguns

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love the look of the stainless and laminated. Great find!
We had a member on here that found a Ruger semi auto carbine in .44 mag at a gunshop in Moore.
He kept saying someone needs to buy it so he didn't have to and get in trouble at home from the "boss".
I had an appointment in OKC the next day and obliged him. Killed a couple of deer with it since.

Yep! That was me too.
It was at some tiny, no longer there shop and I had just happened to stop in and take a look around.
Saw that "10/22" with a bore too big to be .22LR.....had no clue what it was and went home to research "Deerfield". Had just sunk a ton into a home purchase/reno. Looking back, I should have bought it. Much like this 1895.

Was in LGS Thursday afternoon they had 5 new Ruglins blued with wood furniture. Nice rifles but I think they can stay there for the $2499.00 price tag they had on them.

What store?
What models?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep! That was me too.
It was at some tiny, no longer there shop and I had just happened to stop in and take a look around.
Saw that "10/22" with a bore too big to be .22LR.....had no clue what it was and went home to research "Deerfield". Had just sunk a ton into a home purchase/reno. Looking back, I should have bought it. Much like this 1895.

What store?
What models?
Thanks for bringing back the memory! I love that rifle. It's very accurate for a carbine on the first few shots, but then that danged barrel band doesn't allow the barrel to free float.
I bought it as a hunting gun, and it's done its job over the years taking several whitetails and having some fun at the range. I've supplemented it with a .44 mag pistol and a .44 mag Marlin Lever gun, so I now have the trifecta.
Thanks for that heads up!

Merlin72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it had a walnut stock it'd be tempting
8262A789-732D-4136-8692-CC0178594751.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom