Marshal Bill Tilghman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tilghman was also associated with the early OSBI, beginning in the '20's. The video's reference to the "Three Guardsmen" refers to Tilghman and the two others that made up the early roster of "agents" in the OSBI.

Early OSBI History

"Early 1920's - The discovery of oil led to prosperity and violence in many "boom towns" across Oklahoma. Robbery and hijacking were common, liquor joints operated openly in spite of prohibition, and gambling and prostitution went unchecked. The citizens of one town, in particular, Cromwell, appealed to Governor M.E. Trapp and former deputy marshal Bill Tilghman for help. They wrote: "I'm afraid the sheriff and county attorney will not back us up...we also have a few hijackers here, and we want to change their place of residence." Tilghman, at 72 years old, accepted the challenge.

Bill Tilghman

Last edited:

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has Sam Elliott in it, I used to be a big fan of his movies til he campaigned for Biden this past election, I used to buy his new movies when they came out on DVD, I just won't anymore. Politics and entertainment shouldn't mix and I'm sick of it. It is a descent movie though. I love Oklahoma history and reading about all the old outlaws and lawmen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom