Maryland man killed by police enforcing new red flag law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Red flag laws should also prohibit access to vehicles, sharp instruments, and blunt objects.

Guns are NOT the problem. If a person can't be trusted with firearms, they shouldn't be allowed to roam free in the general population. And if we can't lock them up...

GUNS ARE STILL NOT THE PROBLEM!!!

Just my 2¢ ... :drunk2:

While I agree, keeping guns out of the hands of as many of these people as we can, will help keep guns in our hands. Yes we have to start hammering the political types to make sure the law is as fair as possible, heck some of the legal beagle type gun owners should be working to write the laws. I trust another gun owner far more than I trust some political hack that really does not care about our rights no matter what they say to get elected.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I agree, keeping guns out of the hands of as many of these people as we can, will help keep guns in our hands.
Not necessarily.

I'm sure there is a laundry list of meds that could cause someone to be red-flagged, because they may also be used to treat other conditions (such as mental disorders) which that person may not have at all.

Or you could be taking meds that can possibly cause undesirable side effects such as mood changes and/or irritability. Why take a chance on someone using those meds having a gun?

I fear it's a slippery slope that will eventually run off a cliff.

Again, just my 2¢ ... :drunk2:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are always crying out, "It's not the guns, it's the person." There has got to be a way to put that statement into effect. How to keep the mentally ill from using guns, knives, machetes, rocks, bats, whatever to kill people. It is definitely a slippery slope especially without due process. I do feel that due process is the key. It should be more than someone's say so and a judge. There should be an adjudication as to the sanity or mental capacity of the person. Harm to oneself or others is probably going to become one of the elements to the procedure.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are always crying out, "It's not the guns, it's the person." There has got to be a way to put that statement into effect. How to keep the mentally ill from using guns, knives, machetes, rocks, bats, whatever to kill people. It is definitely a slippery slope especially without due process. I do feel that due process is the key. It should be more than someone's say so and a judge. There should be an adjudication as to the sanity or mental capacity of the person. Harm to oneself or others is probably going to become one of the elements to the procedure.

Agreed. Many of those doing mass killings have a history of violent mental disorders but they never place the blame on that. It is always guns and gun owners that get blamed. Now even with adjudication as to the sanity or mental capacity of the person, there are going to be a few that slip thru, that just snapped. That can not be helped, but it will decrease the number of killings.

Making even tougher laws on convicted felons caught with firearms would help too since about 70% will commit crimes again and most times with a firearm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom