Mass shootings - a world wide problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“ARs are assault rifles and they should be banned, what are you that bad of a shot you need 30rds?”- question/argument an acquaintance brung up in conversation at a club meeting Friday eve.
So the fun began, even my wife through a little factual jab towards the whited sepulcher.
He started with “Something has to be done, our kids are getting killed and ARs have no place in civilian hands…”
My response “ Well if the teachers had a gun it could have been stopped.”
“BS, guns shouldn’t be allowed at any school”
“Ok, well let’s say your a twisted wacko expletive head, would you rather go to where you know you might get shot for doing something wrong let’s say my place at midnight or a neighbor that doesn’t have any weapons(the Biden sign is a dead give away before you talk to them…) which house would you chose to rob?”
“We’ll I don’t rob and that’s not the point”
“So answer my question, choose one”
“Well if I was a thieve I’d choose the house that’s not armed”
“Hmm, so you know I have guns and will shoot you so you’d pass up the armed house but choose an un armed one”
“Yes”
“Ok, so no guns in schools is about the same “level” we are on now, it’s an easier target then a packed store that may or not be armed?”
“Dude, ARs are assault weapons”
“No sir, they are sporting rifles. Assault rifles are fully auto look it up”
“I don’t have to look it up that’s what AR stands for”
I chuckled, “Actually NO, AR in "AR-15" rifle stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in the 1950s”
“Nope”
“Read some facts”
“Well how would you like it if someone came and shot your kids at school??!”
“ I wouldn’t but as a Christian I would have to except the fact that God has his plan for everyone and there’s nothing I can do to change that. I know that sounds cruel but I believe in my Savior”

So the conversation goes on and this guy who by the way owns a AR just won’t stop with false facts. He also claims to have “pulled his gun on 3 people” because he felt threatened.
Sorry I’m shorting the whole eve but it was pretty much a walk away before I punch this dude in the face situation.

So him being a gun owner and “proudly” carry’s has me convinced that the media is flipping people to believe that it’s the guns fault.
My wife, 5 others and myself took the meeting to my shop so he could consume his daily intake of alcohol and calm down, hopefully.
These are the types of people that need educated or eliminated.
Hope I didn’t bore you but had to let y’all know if you didn’t already, the media(GOVT) has been swaying staunch gun owners which is very scary.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So apparently the gun didn’t go off by itself. Either your are nuts and not taught right from wrong. Or you are a normal gun loving American who doesn’t do crap like that. Horrible situation but not the guns fault again! Let’s find a solution that doesn’t take our rights away plenty of laws just nobody will roll on their family or friends. Makes it a tough problem to solve. Happy weekend Pray for everyone who has served this country.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“ARs are assault rifles and they should be banned, what are you that bad of a shot you need 30rds?”- question/argument an acquaintance brung up in conversation at a club meeting Friday eve.
So the fun began, even my wife through a little factual jab towards the whited sepulcher.
He started with “Something has to be done, our kids are getting killed and ARs have no place in civilian hands…”
My response “ Well if the teachers had a gun it could have been stopped.”
“BS, guns shouldn’t be allowed at any school”
“Ok, well let’s say your a twisted wacko expletive head, would you rather go to where you know you might get shot for doing something wrong let’s say my place at midnight or a neighbor that doesn’t have any weapons(the Biden sign is a dead give away before you talk to them…) which house would you chose to rob?”
“We’ll I don’t rob and that’s not the point”
“So answer my question, choose one”
“Well if I was a thieve I’d choose the house that’s not armed”
“Hmm, so you know I have guns and will shoot you so you’d pass up the armed house but choose an un armed one”
“Yes”
“Ok, so no guns in schools is about the same “level” we are on now, it’s an easier target then a packed store that may or not be armed?”
“Dude, ARs are assault weapons”
“No sir, they are sporting rifles. Assault rifles are fully auto look it up”
“I don’t have to look it up that’s what AR stands for”
I chuckled, “Actually NO, AR in "AR-15" rifle stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in the 1950s”
“Nope”
“Read some facts”
“Well how would you like it if someone came and shot your kids at school??!”
“ I wouldn’t but as a Christian I would have to except the fact that God has his plan for everyone and there’s nothing I can do to change that. I know that sounds cruel but I believe in my Savior”

So the conversation goes on and this guy who by the way owns a AR just won’t stop with false facts. He also claims to have “pulled his gun on 3 people” because he felt threatened.
Sorry I’m shorting the whole eve but it was pretty much a walk away before I punch this dude in the face situation.

So him being a gun owner and “proudly” carry’s has me convinced that the media is flipping people to believe that it’s the guns fault.
My wife, 5 others and myself took the meeting to my shop so he could consume his daily intake of alcohol and calm down, hopefully.
These are the types of people that need educated or eliminated.
Hope I didn’t bore you but had to let y’all know if you didn’t already, the media(GOVT) has been swaying staunch gun owners which is very scary.
Apparently it’s causing some on here to start wanting to “do something”. Unless it’s something that will actually work.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tongue firmly planted here

1653867203290.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom