Mass shootings - a world wide problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Schools will not let anybody in a school with a gun unless it is a policeman and this is why.

I have found out a few things dealing with Mr. Delk from my son's former school. Now, everybody gets onto schools in "THE CITY" but El Reno is just as bad. I had my lawyer send him a copy of my Visistation papers and he said it didnt matter and he couldn't even talk to me because my son's mother was the custodial parent and I wasnt on his paperwork or POWERSCHOOL.

Schools are ran by schoolboards and schools have lawyers. They play this game of take care of your own ass because the lawyers tell them don't do this and don't do that. You cant have sports because some kid may die or you cant have dads talk to the principal unless their lawyer sues you for the right to and wins in court.

Schools are Custodial institutions and unlike police, they are required by law to take care of children. I guss schools are either easy targets for lawsuits or they have very anal lawyers.

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“Well how would you like it if someone came and shot your kids at school??!”
“ I wouldn’t but as a Christian I would have to except the fact that God has his plan for everyone and there’s nothing I can do to change that. I know that sounds cruel but I believe in my Savior”

And this is exactly the answer, as a Christian, you should not give to people in grief. What they will hear is... Oh yeah, it was God's plan that your lovely young daughter was shot in the face. Not helpful winning hearts, minds, and souls.
People that don't belong to a religion are usually just talking and want to be included in the discussion. It is more of a game to them and a way for them to get attention. They care but its more like I want pepperoni on the pizza we are ordering as a group of 4 or Fords are better than chevys. It isnt a arguement to them like deciding if your son should live vs his son.

If kids die it is sad to them but not a tragety...its like my football team lost and life goes on and because of this they dont get upset, they just get joy when they get a jab in. It is just a ****ing game to them. No big deal if kids die, people idolize me because im so damn smart and edgy. Yea for our side but **** those kids...right?

Very hard but you have to make it logical and try your damndest to keep emotions out of it.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My stock answer in discussions like these will always be something like this:

The same government that fosters anarchy in the streets, the same government that has a different rule-of-law depending the perp’s ideology, the same that tolerates bought-&-sold Prosecutors releasing criminals into communities, the same that throws open our border to drugs, criminals, and takes a dump on the ideal of citizenship, that resists State’s efforts to perform the very Constitutional duties they refuse; the same government that calls us White-Supremacists and drives wedges every chance it gets on issues of Race, that’s the one we’re gonna surrender our weapons to?

This ain’t a Warsaw Ghetto! Not yet. Could become one though. Give us 35 yrs, maybe we can beat the record set by Venezuela’s in a race to the bottom.

Quit treating the symtom and consult a mirror for a look at the disease!

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“Well how would you like it if someone came and shot your kids at school??!”
“ I wouldn’t but as a Christian I would have to except the fact that God has his plan for everyone and there’s nothing I can do to change that. I know that sounds cruel but I believe in my Savior”

And this is exactly the answer, as a Christian, you should not give to people in grief. What they will hear is... Oh yeah, it was God's plan that your lovely young daughter was shot in the face. Not helpful winning hearts, minds, and souls.
I respect your response, but I see it as 5HCattleCo was in a “ dialogue “ vs a “ counseling session” . I doubt he would’ve have a conversation ANYTHING SIMILAR to his fact based Q&A , if he was with a grieving parent or relative.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I respect your response, but I see it as 5HCattleCo was in a “ dialogue “ vs a “ counseling session” . I doubt he would’ve have a conversation ANYTHING SIMILAR to his fact based Q&A , if he was with a grieving parent or relative.
Maybe, but it's extremely common to have people say it. It was said to me way too many times after two unexpected deaths. I know they meant well, it was still stupid. I've heard it said to others many times too. My comment remains, it's a bad thing to say to people that are grieving, that is my context.

Lhecker51

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's ok. I just bought a thousand of these suckers.

Attachments

• 285730576_569041011508746_2239084333847698377_n.jpg
    285730576_569041011508746_2239084333847698377_n.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 0

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My opinion is that the obvious solution, at least in the short term, is to allow school employees that want to be armed, to carry in school, regardless of what the school administration thinks. Even if there aren't many that want to carry or aren't any at all in some schools, there is at least an unknown factor that provides some deterrent. Schools should no longer be gun free zones. That's going to take some high level action. Discussions about how much money went to Ukraine or how little teachers are paid or what AR stands for are losing sight of the issue and are not persuasive. There are parents out there right now who are losing their minds worrying about this. Implying that they are just a bunch of ******* isn't doing anything helpful. Governors need to step up to get some changes made to rules to allow good guys in schools to be armed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom