Massage parlor shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Healthcare premiums are through the roof because Nixon paved the way for HMOs and Reagan further enabled it. The healthcare insurance companies became so powerful that no democrat or republican administration has been able to meaningfully combat them. It is comical to think that you can blame that on Obama. LOL

I blame Obummer, and Liberals suck.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cobra is intended to be temporary coverage. The insurance companies have controlled the game since Nixon set it up that way.....obamacare or not. This is Nixon's doing, not Obama's.

COBRA started in 1985 ... so that would have been rather tricking of Dicky to do eleven or so years after he left office.

silvius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no doubt that major corporations in the healthcare industry have been driving costs for decades, but to let the ACA off the hook in the complete destruction of health insurance benefits for the average working family in America is disingenuous at best. Healthcare premiums have risen astronomically while coverages shrink and shrink since the ACA. The average deductible from what I've seen has absolutely skyrocketed since 2012.

Mine's at almost $8k per individual, nearly $16k per family. Yes, that's deductible. Premiums for my family are I think about $7-8k per year, not counting employer contribution. It's insane.
Yep, they have been driving the cost up for decades, at the expense of your pocketbook. And yes, ACA did not fix that because of the health care industry's lobbying strength and the politicians they bought. To blame ACA and Obama is a lazy excuse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom