Massage parlor shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So this thread has morphed from someone shooting people in massage parlors to a discussion on the healthcare industry?
fbf.gif

silvius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, there definitely either a misreading by you or confusion by you (three times in a row, no less). Anyone who has taken the time to read through the thread (and understand it) can see that. That's okay though, everyone makes mistakes.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What makes you think it would have been less expensive otherwise? Cobra is intended to be temporary coverage. The insurance companies have controlled the game since Nixon set it up that way.....obamacare or not. This is Nixon's doing, not Obama's. The reason you have poor coverage for an expensive price is because R legislators enable (and continue to enable) power to corporate healthcare entities. Obama's attempt didn't improve it, but you can better believe it would be even worse otherwise.

The only people that have anything positive to say about Obamacare are 1) people who have never had it or 2) people that are subsidized on it to a point where it's almost free. Otherwise, it sucks. The reason I did cobra initially was that is was cheaper by about 200 a month than obamacare. And again the coverage is terrible. For $ 1400 a month we get a 5k deductible and then it pays at 60% until we hit the 16k out of pocket max. Then I guess we're golden. We'll be out 16k under deductibles and another 18k for premiums, but after that it will be all fine.

The idea that Obama didn't trash health coverage for most self employed people is 100% NOT accurate. I dread the open enrollment period for it more than April 15th.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, there definitely either a misreading by you or confusion by you (three times in a row, no less). Anyone who has taken the time to read through the thread (and understand it) can see that. That's okay though, everyone makes mistakes.

LOL. It is easy to "understand" it the way you wrote it since I can read above a fifth grade reading level.

First ... I am really trying to be nice because you may have a learning disability and I don't want to make (too much) fun of you. But are you wearing a ball gag that makes it hard for you to move your lips when you read? If so, I will type really slow for you.

Cobra is intended to be temporary coverage. The insurance companies have controlled the game since Nixon set it up that way.....obamacare or not. This is Nixon's doing (emphasis mine) not Obama's.

Again ... If you can move your lips to read, in the same paragraph you mentioned COBRA and said it is "this is Nixon's doing". Light go on (genius)?

Try a remedial writing composition or reading comprehension class (in English). Might help you to construct a paragraph that even you might understand. Could even help you to see the nonsense in your liberal coloring books or at the least, not sound like another liberal troll.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, they have been driving the cost up for decades, at the expense of your pocketbook. And yes, ACA did not fix that because of the health care industry's lobbying strength and the politicians they bought. To blame ACA and Obama is a lazy excuse.

I'm assigning their share of the blame... as they should accept. Which is an enormous amount of the fix we're in now. Just like ALL of our previous politicians who have sold us down the river to pad their own time in office and their golden parachutes. The Obamanator and all his cronies have enriched themselves IMMENSELY whilst the American public suffers for their policies.

silvius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL. It is easy to "understand" it the way you wrote it since I can read above a fifth grade reading level.

First ... I am really trying to be nice because you may have a learning disability and I don't want to make (too much) fun of you. But are you wearing a ball gag that makes it hard for you to move your lips when you read? If so, I will type really slow for you.

Again ... If you can move your lips to read, in the same paragraph you mentioned COBRA and said it is "this is Nixon's doing". Light go on (genius)?

Try a remedial writing composition or reading comprehension class (in English). Might help you to construct a paragraph that even you might understand. Could even help you to see the nonsense in your liberal coloring books or at the least, not sound like another liberal troll.
I'm sorry you are so consistently confused. Since you are STILL confused after all this time, Nixon had nothing to do with that national legislation. Nor did I say he did. Nixon's part was the introduction of HMO legislation. Now, if I had mentioned it in the same *sentence* I could maybe see your point. But I didn't. I see you mention a learning disability above-- sorry if that is indeed your issue. You seem to have severe projection issues. But i get it....when you don't have a real argument or counterpoints, that is pretty much all you can do.

Last edited:

silvius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm assigning their share of the blame... as they should accept. Which is an enormous amount of the fix we're in now. Just like ALL of our previous politicians who have sold us down the river to pad their own time in office and their golden parachutes. The Obamanator and all his cronies have enriched themselves IMMENSELY whilst the American public suffers for their policies.
Multiple administrations have indeed caved to the healthcare industry profits. But the gateway legislation was a republican thing. Trump said he had a great health care plan....but after a year of campaigning and four years in office, it oddly never appeared in print and healthcare executives got richer and richer. Imagine that!

Latest posts

Top Bottom