Massage parlor shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Multiple administrations have indeed caved to the healthcare industry profits. But the gateway legislation was a republican thing. Trump said he had a great health care plan....but after a year of campaigning and four years in office, it oddly never appeared in print and healthcare executives got richer and richer. Imagine that!

I definitely agree something should have been done to unravel Obama care other than wiping out the mandate. The problem, or one of them, is that once a giant program like that is created its almost impossible to kill it. Which again, I think they knew what a cluster ***k of a program they were creating.

You're right that there is an ever present inflation to healthcare costs as long as I can remember. But you are very wrong if you think Obama care was just part of that evolution. It was a dramatic and sudden kick to the head.

silvius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seem to remember something about Trump lowering prescription costs, but I don't remember details.

Yeah, it was strange that he waited until after being in office almost four years. Had he done it earlier, we could have seen if it actually would have been effective while he was in office.

silvius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I definitely agree something should have been done to unravel Obama care other than wiping out the mandate. The problem, or one of them, is that once a giant program like that is created its almost impossible to kill it. Which again, I think they knew what a cluster ***k of a program they were creating.

You're right that there is an ever present inflation to healthcare costs as long as I can remember. But you are very wrong if you think Obama care was just part of that evolution. It was a dramatic and sudden kick to the head.
Obama made far too many concessions to healthcare lobbyists. At least coverage expanded to more people. But there was indeed far too much concession to the wealthy insurance company lobby.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obama made far too many concessions to healthcare lobbyists. At least coverage expanded to more people. But there was indeed far too much concession to the wealthy insurance company lobby.
Obama was about as ill-prepared to be president as anyone we've ever had, IMO.

Well, until Biden...
:drunk2:

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I assume you think we should go to Medicare for all? I admit I'm almost beaten down to a point of thinking it may be the only option. 18k for health insurance for 2 adults and two kids is insane. Something has to give.

silvius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I assume you think we should go to Medicare for all? I admit I'm almost beaten down to a point of thinking it may be the only option. 18k for health insurance for 2 adults and two kids is insane. Something has to give.
Open to suggestions as the last three administrations, republican or democrat, have resulting in only one thing....skyrocketing premiums. As you said, rates have risen beyond belief.

Latest posts

Top Bottom