Masterbuilt smoker-repair or replace?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the owner of smokingmeatforums (Jeff) is from the Tulsa area. I get a lot of ideas and info from there as well. If you really like the smoker, I'd say fix it. It will strengthen your bond with it.

Jeff, the owner of the world wide smokingmeatforums is in Prattville, just West of Tulsa. Story I heard was he lost his job in the petro industry and decided to pick up a hobby by starting the forum while looking for a job, the forum exploded on him. Great guy. I bought his 'Membership" just to help make sure he keeps up the web site. So much great information in that little search bar in the upper right corner. I have saved more than that many times by using tips from his site.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a cast iron skillet for the wood tray. I think I got that tip from SMF coincidentally.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a bottom rusting out of a smoker/grill as well that has a drop box for smoking on the bottom. I plan on dropping a cut sheet of metal in the bottom over the rusted air leaks and carrying on. The vent slide holder mount is still good on the rusted bottom, so as long as that holds out I will be good to go.

To me spending a few dollars and a little time to get a few more years of service from a unit I am familiar with is well worth while.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I think I'll make it heavy enough to last a while. I'll take some pics of what I do as soon as I gather up the material and start working on it. Thanks for the advice guys.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0130.JPG
IMG_0131.JPG
Finally started the project. I will cut the flu hole tomorrow. Found some mounting bolts for the burner after I cleaned it up. Will need to cut those also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom