Max Velocity Class review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxGunDawg

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gear:

For the most part i used a Haley Strategic D3R with his back pack and HSGI Battle belt. For a time i used a Crye Precision AVS plate carrier with the D3R attached.

Weapons:

The Rifle was an AMD-65 with a PA ADS micro dot on top of a Midwest Handguard. The magazines where Bakes, Steel, 20 rounders, Magpul, US Palm, and Tapco. For the most part i used the Bakes.

All mags functioned flawlessly. I did have to down load the US Palms by one. The spring was really tight.

I did NO cleaning of the rifle. Only Frog lubed the Bolt carrier and bolt prior to the class. I added some Rem oil during a support by fire drill, Maybe after 1800 rounds. Than added some slip 2000 at the end of the day. Nothing else was done to the rifle

The pistol was a Glock 19. Not once did we use our pistols.

Ammo:

Tula. I fired 2450 rounds. 4 malfunctions. Two FTF and two FTE on the same FTF. What i think happened was the two rounds didn't get seated all the way. Had one stove pipe.

Training:

5 days.

1st day was on the square range.

Getting a zero, basic safety, learning RTR's.

Basically getting everybody on the same sheet of music.

2nd and 3rd days was all Combat Team Tactics with buddy pairs and fire teams. Reacting to contact and Breaking contact. Support by fire and assaults.

4th and 5th days was all Mobility/Convoy Tactical Operations. Using what you learned from CTT but with vehicles.

Targets where anywhere from 50 to 200 yards. Some where reactive, some where plastic silhouettes.

For 4 days you are running and gunning.

Final Thoughts:

IMO, This is top notch training done by a professional. This is not square range training. This is done in the field with real world applications.

If you make the commitment to go, get in shape. Your training and your partners training will suffer if you are not in good physical shape.

If you cannot handle harsh military style training or if you have a thin skin, this training is not for you.

If you cannot handle criticism in front of others, this training is not for you.

Because if you screw up, you will be HAMMERED.

I would recommend this training and any other class Max teaches.

I will not hesitate to take any class that is in my AO.

I know there was more but cannot think of it now. I'll add it as i remember.

Feel free to any questions.

Last edited:

TxGunDawg

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
10 years in the US Army.

Two years in two different Infantry Divisions.

Team Leader.

Squad Leader.

Passing the EIB test.

PLDC, Primary Leadership Development Course.

Mostly patrolling, assaults, and ambushes. A lot of convoy operations, but nothing on this scale.

Last edited:

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard good things about MVT. Some of my Texas shooting buddies were probably there -- I know some of the Zombie Run 'n Gun crew were talking about going to this class. I'd like to do something like this one of these days soon -- SUT is definitely a gap in my training. Thanks for the review.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tx,

Thanks for taking the time to write this up.

What was the deal with the palm mags being too tight and needing to be downloaded by one? Where they too tight to get the last round in or too tight with 30 to get into the gun?

Thanks,
Ek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom