May buy grow-facility land/home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ll probably really try to buy it. Don’t think I’ll ever build there, but having the option (for me or a subsequent landowner would be nice). Just parking an RV or renting an Airbnb (like right now) would probably always be cheaper than maintenance and insurance on a place.
You’re definitely right about it being cheaper, but from someone who’s in your situation, not having to haul clothes, cooking supplies, food, and all your hunting gear back and forth is REALLY NICE.

My sister in law and brother in law came up to my house for the first time this summer, and the first thing they said was “this is nice, and you could really live here”.
Well yeah, that’s kind of the point of having it. :anyone:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just read a guy bitchin about the OG&E electric bill being $23K on his grow operation. He says the price of "medical MJ" is $400 to $500 a pound. He's closing down. The market is saturated and you can't throw a rock in OKC without hitting two dispensaries. The market will eventually, ahem, "weed' them out.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a big influx of closed down weed operations hitting the Real Estate market. Even big ones.

Wife and I have been looking from Shawnee to Meeker and 77 to 99. Have looked at several closed weed grows, both open and indoor.
That’s what I was hoping to hear. May mean I won’t have to pay top dollar.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m seeing a lot of grows in our area obviously in distress.
They had no clue about Ok winds when they built grow houses covered in plastic.
Every one in our area has sustained substantial damage to those plastic round tops and they are not being repaired.
Good riddance.
Edit: The price the Chinese are paying for the small acreages are bumping up the prices of property in surrounding lands, which is a blessing to the county property tax collectors that are more than happy to raise the tax rates as property values increase.
Yes, that could be a benefit of someone selling but most people live in their homes for extended periods, required to pay the ever increasing property taxes.
Ted Turner, at one time the largest property in the US would buy property in Montana or Idaho, or Wyoming because he wanted exclusive rights to fish premier trout streams, build a million dollar cabin, sell property to others at rich kid rates which increased property taxes so high that the ranchers owning the land over generations would be forced to go bankrupt and sell tens of thousands of acres. Guess who bought them for further development?
That’s how that works.

Last edited:

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The real estate problems here in oklahoma are a direct reflection of the real estate problems in China and what is happening to the citizens of China who had the ability to buy, that ability has disappeared with recent changes in Chinese laws and the wealthy Chinese are going up in smoke all over the world.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The real estate problems here in oklahoma are a direct reflection of the real estate problems in China and what is happening to the citizens of China who had the ability to buy, that ability has disappeared with recent changes in Chinese laws and the wealthy Chinese are going up in smoke all over the world.
The last time we were in Vancouver BC on a transfer bus between the airport and ship terminal, the driver was giving a running commentary about how the Chinese rich were buying so much land in the area that it no longer sold by the square foot but by the square inch.
Another example of how foreign land purchases are effecting Ok residential property tax rates.

Latest posts

Top Bottom