May I introduce to you, Eleanor.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been a compound bow shooter for a long time and got my first traditional bow today. Being an Okie and asking the old timers at the range what to get, it was basically unanimous. GW Flanagan makes the best looking and shooting bows out there, they said. So I found one on Craigslist yesterday and went and drove 3 hrs to get it. It's a beauty. Looks to me made of bocote, cocobola, black micarta, and walnut maybe? The guy couldn't remember. Best part about it he couldn't have been a nicer guy. Invited me and my family to stay and fish and hunt on his ranch. Needless to say I was blown away. Anyways back to the bow. Here's some pics. Fits my specs as far as DL. And the poundage shouldn't be a problem at 48. It came with tons and I mean tons of arrows and 3 different handmade quivers. What a great day. Got a great bow and new hunting and fishing contact.
My day started off horrible because I got diagnosed with RA first thing this morning. I was really bummed but all I can do is make the best of it and put it in Gods hands. And how good is God? On a really bad day he opens a door to a great guy and he offers up fishing and hunting on his place. You can call it a coincidence, but I'm calling it a blessing from he almighty.
Anyways, here's some pics. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_0708.JPG
    IMG_0708.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0709.JPG
    IMG_0709.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0710.JPG
    IMG_0710.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0711.JPG
    IMG_0711.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0712.JPG
    IMG_0712.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 123

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nicely done! Good deal on the poundage as well. Too many shooters get longbows and recurves with too much poundage and they don't enjoy shooting them, and put them away and never get good with them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nicely done! Good deal on the poundage as well. Too many shooters get longbows and recurves with too much poundage and they don't enjoy shooting them, and put them away and never get good with them.

Absolutely correct. They have a compound with 70% let off and find they can't hold a recurve as long or as steady.
My first bow kill was with a 45lb pull compound that I borrowed. Complete pass through with a double lung. 20 yds.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beautiful bow. Have you had a chance to shoot it yet?

I'm not much on medical stuff....what is RA?
No! I don't have a finger tab yet and it's killing me. I'm like a kid at Christmas. I may not sleep tonight. The shop opens at 11 so I'll be in the parking lot at 1030.

RA is Rheumatoid Arthritis. It's basically extremely painful arthritis. The spells I've had is compare to the kidney stones I've had. I thought it was something you get as an old fart. But apparently not because I'm 35. All I can do is suck it up and go on. Not gonna whine about it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No! I don't have a finger tab yet and it's killing me. I'm like a kid at Christmas. I may not sleep tonight. The shop opens at 11 so I'll be in the parking lot at 1030.

RA is Rheumatoid Arthritis. It's basically extremely painful arthritis. The spells I've had is compare to the kidney stones I've had. I thought it was something you get as an old fart. But apparently not because I'm 35. All I can do is suck it up and go on. Not gonna whine about it.
I have a friend with RA. Just didn't recognize the acronym. He was a big bow hunter too. Bought 5 acres adjoining Kaw Lake and killed many deer. He bought one of my beagle's puppy's and had a ball hunting rabbits.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I'm gonna shoot my bows as long as I can. Then if it's gets bad enough and I have to use my daughters Mission Craze at 40lbs, so be it. Then when I can't shoot that anymore I've got 2 crossbows. All I can say is it ain't keeping me from bow hunting. I'll find a way somehow. Better believe my arm will be wore out tomorrow. Just got a Mackenzie buck yesterday from the shop on closeout. So between the Flanagan and my Obsession Phoenix, I'm gonna kill that deer a few hundred times tomorrow. Now I'm sure I'll kill the huge oak tree that behind it the first few times I shoot the Flanagan. I need to go by my buddies place and pick up a few hay bales to save my arrows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom