May need a place to stay; Landlord threatening eviction for asking for repairs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
You're projecting. Again.

My honest opinion?? You are what happens when everyone gets a participation trophy. 🙄🙄
lol i'm actually the one usually winning. never got a participation trophy. in fact, most kids don't even get those *and if they do it's because you boomers made that happen*.

you think THE KIDS hand out the trophies?!

i just don't consider "winning" ******* over my fellow man. that's just me. weren't any slave owners in my family tree; i guess that's the difference. it's in your blood.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol i'm actually the one usually winning. never got a participation trophy. in fact, most kids don't even get those *and if they do it's because you boomers made that happen*.

you think THE KIDS hand out the trophies?!

i just don't consider "winning" ******* over my fellow man. that's just me. weren't any slave owners in my family tree; i guess that's the difference. it's in your blood.

Yeah yeah yeah ... You are God's right hand man aren't ya. 🙄🙄🙄

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
you were handed a nation that was 90+% white, your dollar went further than today; you had basically zero foreign, out of state, and corporate competition in the housing market; you inherited literally the strongest nation on Earth, it's !*#& now AND YOU WANT TO BLAME THE NEXT GENERATION?!?!

LOOOOOOOOL "oh but we GAVE YOU participation trophies!"

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that last sentence is the key.

it's when people retroactively change that agreement that is the problem. like saying "i am legally obligated to do any repairs" and then....not do them.

it's legal to withhold rent in that situation. i didn't even have to pay.
I don’t think it is. You are welcome to take a land lord to court but you still have to pay the rent to continue living there. I’ve been to the eviction proceedings in Oklahoma. The judge did a whole spiel on this. Don’t waste the courts time if you didn’t pay your rent or don’t have proof that you did. He will grant the eviction and refuse to hear your claims.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I don’t think it is. You are welcome to take a land lord to court but you still have to pay the rent to continue living there. I’ve been to the eviction proceedings in Oklahoma. The judge did a whole spiel on this. Don’t waste the courts time if you didn’t pay your rent or don’t have proof that you did. He will grant the eviction and refuse to hear your claims.
no you give proof to the landlord that you are withholding rent because of neglecting repairs leading to an unsafe living condition. i would say a massive leak fits that bill.
this was my negotiation. the landlord folded. you guys think you know how this works, but i promise in the same situation you would fold as well. because you'd be wrong.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you were handed a nation that was 90+% white, your dollar went further than today; you had basically zero foreign, out of state, and corporate competition in the housing market; you inherited literally the strongest nation on Earth, it's !*#& now AND YOU WANT TO BLAME THE NEXT GENERATION?!?!

LOOOOOOOOL "oh but we GAVE YOU participation trophies!"

Oh yeah that's right ... I forgot ... I have more money than Elon and Bill and Jeff put together and am Queen of ALL I survey. All I had to do was snap my fingers and we'd all be singing kumbaya and having sex without worrying about getting pregnant.

Sorry ... I'd try to fix it all but I have to go get my nails done. 😘

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Oh yeah that's right ... I forgot ... I have more money than Elon and Bill and Jeff put together and am Queen of ALL I survey. All I had to do was snap my fingers and we'd all be singing kumbaya and having sex without worrying about getting pregnant.

Sorry ... I'd try to fix it all but I have to go get my nails done. 😘
you also invented FICO scores. thanks.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thankfully, there are so many people who have the advantage of being on earth long enough to have done things before other people were born. thus; i am so fortunate that they cannot physically occupy multiple buildings; or do not choose to replace every housing unit with weed farms. because of these and these people alone; i am allowed to exist on this earth and have a residential address.
I've waded this deep into this thread, post #157, and I've decided my dementia is way more advanced than I thought, or some people on this thread are either drunk or on drugs because posts like this make absolutely no sense to me.

"there are so many people who have the advantage of being on earth long enough to have done things before other people were born" sounds worse than Biden or Harris could cough up.

I will endeavor to persevere and finish this thread.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I've waded this deep into this thread, post #157, and I've decided my dementia is way more advanced than I thought, or some people on this thread are either drunk or on drugs because posts like this make absolutely no sense to me.

"there are so many people who have the advantage of being on earth long enough to have done things before other people were born" sounds worse than Biden or Harris could cough up.

I will endeavor to persevere and finish this thread.
so the ability to buy a house in a nation that no longer exists isn't a real complaint?

did you read any of the articles i linked or just the anecdotes from people buying houses 20+ years ago which does nothing to invalidate my argument?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom