May need a place to stay; Landlord threatening eviction for asking for repairs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I have had a very considerable leak for months. My water bill is 400x to 500x what is has been last year and years prior. I informed my landlord of this in May. He told me to "listen to the walls". I said "well i mean okay....but there's a big leak somewhere regardless."

about a week later, our hot water kept going out. this was because the tank was rusted and rotted out and was leaking onto the pilot light. i informed the landlord. he sent out plumbers to replace it. while replacing the hot water heater, they noticed the massive leak (they turned the water off but the little star was spinning like mad....because there's a massive leak somewhere).

they asked me if i had told the landlord about the leak. i said "yes, weeks ago". they left and said "we'll be back to fix it".

that was over 6 weeks ago. today i asked the landlord about the leak. he said i am basically evicted for bringing it up. he brags about not needing a reason; he can do whatever he wants.

i have all screenshots of every text on this. sooooooo yeah who needs a roomate i guess?

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
i have said i will call a plumber and fix the leak; then deduct the difference in rent.

he tells me i "don't have the authority to do that".
i cannot keep paying $400 water bills every month. even if he kicks me out for "no reason" he still has a massive leak that he's going to be paying for. i don't understand.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what-the-hell-man-blue-eyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom