May need a place to stay; Landlord threatening eviction for asking for repairs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Progun223

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
430451F5-E3FC-49E9-83FB-550A83AB8BB3.jpeg

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I got out of being a landlord 15 or more years ago. We had a small house and a duplex in different cities and it just got too much. Had periods of great renters but those died and replacing them was hard. It got where they wouldn't pay and it took time and money to evict. Repairs and legal fees werre just too much. We decided to just sell and get out. Wish now we had hung onto them with the price of homes now. Ha.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yeah you missed the part where plumbers were out in the first month, said they would return and didn't. f me for believing them i guess, no doubt there.

Did you ever think the plumbers are backed up? Maybe they are still returning and your just not patient enough? It happens. Plumbers have to triage their calls. Could be they got a sudden surge of backed up toilets. What do you take care of first? Overflowing chitters or leaky pipes? Chitters come first! Maybe if you wouldn’t pissed everybody off they have put your leaky pipes above the crappers. God bless you but you gotta work on your approach.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Joe's obviously gone off the deep end. But to an earlier point about not being able to get credit for the self employed, you absolutely can. You just need to use lenders that do manual underwriting - OR put a large percentage down. If you put 40% down almost anyone will lend to you, regardless of your employment situation. If you want to put 10-20% down, you need to use a bank that does manual underwriting like Churchill Mortgage.

Also, I just bought another place in Midwest city a few weeks ago. You can still buy homes. They're out there. Spend some money fixing them up and rent them to people that need a place to stay. You're helping them, they're helping you. It's a good business model that you can lather, rinse, and repeat indefinitely if you keep a reserve for repairs and emergencies for each place. If you're looking at retirement soon, it's a great way to keep from eating cat food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom