Maybe it's time and this is a sign...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently purchased a gen5 Glock 21 in .45ACP. I ordered a holster for it (Safariland ALS) and it arrived today. But the one that arrived is the WML model.

Those that know me, understand that this has been a topic that I have been on the fence about for several years now. I see good and bad in weapon lights on pistols. I even went as far as trying a Streamlight TLR-7A on my Glock 19 for awhile and I just didn't like the bulk.

But now, I'm starting to think that maybe I should go ahead and take the plunge into WML bliss and embrace it with loving arms.

Now then...here's the big question.

There are basically two major players in the WML game - Surefire and Streamlight. The bottom line is, I can't afford a Surefire, so it looks like I'll be going with the Streamlight TLR-1 HL.

However...

Another player has entered the game. The Olight PL-3 Valkyrie. It boasts 1300 lumens and a 200 lumen low setting. It also has a strobe setting, if you're into disco dancing.

The good thing about the Olight, it's almost half the price of the Streamlight. The bad thing is, you can't program it for high only like you can the Streamlight. I figure if I need to light up an adversary, I need all the light I have available.

So I dunno guys. Something tells me to send this holster back and just forget the whole, entire thing. Hell, I ain't no operator. I'm built for comfort, not speed. But then again, seems like the entire world is going to WMLs and RDS. I dunno.

lethal-weapon-danny-glover.gif

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have both. I love the RECHARGEABLE Olights. But all the NON rechargable Olights I've had seem to drain the exact same batteries 3 times faster than a Streamlight sitting right next to it, literally even when just sitting. I have 3 TLR1-HLs and am down to one micro rechargeable Olight. They serve different purposes but for longevity, for you, get a TLR-1HL.
Edit to add, 30 mins on the charger once a month for the Olight keeps it full

Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently purchased a gen5 Glock 21 in .45ACP. I ordered a holster for it (Safariland ALS) and it arrived today. But the one that arrived is the WML model.

Those that know me, understand that this has been a topic that I have been on the fence about for several years now. I see good and bad in weapon lights on pistols. I even went as far as trying a Streamlight TLR-7A on my Glock 19 for awhile and I just didn't like the bulk.

But now, I'm starting to think that maybe I should go ahead and take the plunge into WML bliss and embrace it with loving arms.

Now then...here's the big question.

There are basically two major players in the WML game - Surefire and Streamlight. The bottom line is, I can't afford a Surefire, so it looks like I'll be going with the Streamlight TLR-1 HL.

However...

Another player has entered the game. The Olight PL-3 Valkyrie. It boasts 1300 lumens and a 200 lumen low setting. It also has a strobe setting, if you're into disco dancing.

The good thing about the Olight, it's almost half the price of the Streamlight. The bad thing is, you can't program it for high only like you can the Streamlight. I figure if I need to light up an adversary, I need all the light I have available.

So I dunno guys. Something tells me to send this holster back and just forget the whole, entire thing. Hell, I ain't no operator. I'm built for comfort, not speed. But then again, seems like the entire world is going to WMLs and RDS. I dunno.

View attachment 381447
Have the Olight Valkyrie 1500 rechargeable its a bright SOB. You’ll like it

Last edited:

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard and seen enough stories about Olights exploding (or at the very least melting) so that's enough to put me off of them. Use whatever you like, but I'll personally stick with Streamlight. And also, Olight is Chinese and Streamlight is American, if that matters to you (I say this as a Holosun owner)

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard and seen enough stories about Olights exploding (or at the very least melting) so that's enough to put me off of them. Use whatever you like, but I'll personally stick with Streamlight. And also, Olight is Chinese and Streamlight is American, if that matters to you (I say this as a Holosun owner)
mine been good! just don't buy one built on monday or friday

Latest posts

Top Bottom