Maybe it's time and this is a sign...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a low speed high drag kinda guy and anything with tits, tires or batteries have always been a problem area for me. I like the high lumen out put Streamlights that can cause mental disruption if I shine it in someones eyes

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a low speed high drag kinda guy and anything with tits, tires or batteries have always been a problem area for me. I like the high lumen out put Streamlights that can cause mental disruption if I shine it in someones eyes
Tits have always caused me mental disruption....

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still big on shooting strong hand with flashlight weak hand. When necessary I can switch. I might think different if I was riding nights or evenings but that is long in the past... Perhaps if I were a bit older I'd still think an oil torch and cap'n ball would be the way to go? Embrace change and technology.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard and seen enough stories about Olights exploding (or at the very least melting) so that's enough to put me off of them. Use whatever you like, but I'll personally stick with Streamlight. And also, Olight is Chinese and Streamlight is American, if that matters to you (I say this as a Holosun owner)
I have two of the Olights. the lens area gets a little warm if left on for extended armadillo hunts in the back yard, but the newer models have overcome that heat issues of the first models.
Seriously, If I'm clearing a room, it's only going to be on for a second or maybe two and then off.
The most important thing about that sentence above, is that I'm not going to be clearing any rooms.
I'm going to be in a secure location waiting on them to come to me.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard and seen enough stories about Olights exploding (or at the very least melting) so that's enough to put me off of them. Use whatever you like, but I'll personally stick with Streamlight. And also, Olight is Chinese and Streamlight is American, if that matters to you (I say this as a Holosun owner)
Me too. Olight has an actual body count. Someone died when their light blew up while the user was holding it in his mouth. Ouch! I've not heard that about any other company, though I'm pretty sure Streamlight and Surefire have had recalls in the past. I don't remember the details as I don't follow this stuff much anymore.

I'm satisfied with Streamlight's stuff.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t read any of this but I believe every gun should have a light on it. That being said, your best bet for quality and price is a TLR-1 HL.

You’re just gonna have to get over being old and grumpy and not liking the change because “it’s how we’ve always done it” and get with the times. Bad guys carry lights on their guns and that puts them at an advantage over you already since you ain’t toting a WML. 😉

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t read any of this but I believe every gun should have a light on it. That being said, your best bet for quality and price is a TLR-1 HL.

You’re just gonna have to get over being old and grumpy and not liking the change because “it’s how we’ve always done it” and get with the times. Bad guys carry lights on their guns and that puts them at an advantage over you already since you ain’t toting a WML. 😉

But I've always been old and grumpy, you know this.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

think id wait in the dark for them to hit their light then bang game over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom