Maybe it's time and this is a sign...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrappieSlayer44

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
The bare bones TRL model has been around for years and is still carried by a Sh... ton of cops on the road to this day..... nothing wrong with it....... bomb proof in my opinion.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember watching old 1950's FBI training films about flashlight and revolver technique.
It involves holding the light extended away from your body and bad guys shooting right at the light.
A light in your center mass is a target.
I agree. The only answer would be for someone to invent a "LIGHT GRENADE". Throw or roll one toward suspect area. First creating confusion, then shock and awe with explosion covering suspect in luminescent dust.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. The only answer would be for someone to invent a "LIGHT GRENADE". Throw or roll one toward suspect area. First creating confusion, then shock and awe with explosion covering suspect in luminescent dust.

Ok...an update.

Well, I wound up selling the G21 (thanks Carl :thumb:) and bought a Glock 19X and attached a Streamlight TLR-7A in FDE to it. But so far, it's just been an HD gun for Mrs. GED. I still think it's a little too bulky for carry.

20230714_203440.jpg

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Considering you have a much higher chance of being in a shooting at night vs the day, I’d say for LE one is definitely needed. And then, don’t think just nighttime, what about a dark classroom, janitor closet or bathroom with someone at gunpoint?

Can some like @OK Corgi Rancher please explain to me why the Surefire is worth $300+, when Streamlights are half the price? I’ve owned many TLR models over the years, heck, have over a dozen right now. Never had ONE failure. So, I’m curious why the Surefire is so HYPED.

Same as Yeti, Starpuke, etc. Some just have to be seen carrying the label and will pay the $$$$$. $300 means nothing and cost isn't a factor. Used by military is justification for some.

There is another player. Look at Coast
https://coastportland.com/collections/led-flashlights
Batteries Plus sells Coast, definitely worth a look. Buy the quality, not the name or inflated price.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Ok...an update.

Well, I wound up selling the G21 (thanks Carl :thumb:) and bought a Glock 19X and attached a Streamlight TLR-7A in FDE to it. But so far, it's just been an HD gun for Mrs. GED. I still think it's a little too bulky for carry.

View attachment 394538
Any bets on how soon this will be posted in the classifieds? :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom