Mayfield flees Justice, Justice Pursues and Dominates.!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_2228.PNG

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never realized there were so many people in this world that has never drank in public. Most of you have(not saying all) , same thing you just did not get charged with public intox. What he did was wrong but people are calling for 20 years hard time.
I've been intoxicated in public A LOT! Never got disorderly, never ran and never resisted. Not saying he should get 20 years, but thinking this isn't a black eye for the program won't fly.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is going to be very interesting to see play out. They got rid of a star QB before and he didn't even break any laws. This ought to tell us whether OU is more afraid of the lawdogs or the NCAA.

Got my :popcorn: ready...

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He has bigger problems than starting versus Ohio State. He's been hit with a felony charge, which means his life is forever changed if convicted.

Don't run from the police. End of story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fleeing from police shouldn't be a felony charge. Ever. And resisting arrest shouldn't be a law on the books at all. We have way too many laws and certainly too many felonies on the books.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Fleeing from police shouldn't be a felony charge. Ever. And resisting arrest shouldn't be a law on the books at all. We have way too many laws and certainly too many felonies on the books.

Why should fleeing from the police not be a felony? People are seriously injured and killed almost weekly caused by idiots fleeing police. You can't go by a single day in OKC or Tulsa without a police pursuit happening. Resisting arrest shouldn't be on the books at all? Surely you are just being sarcastic. Let's let people run from the police and fight them in order not to be arrested. Come on Doc, really? I think we should go back to the days when it was legal to shoot a fleeing felon.

In this case, Mayfield is an adult, made poor choices, and should have to deal with the consequences. If I were the coach, he wouldn't set foot on the field again.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Couple of basic if not primal rules in life. Never put hands on a LEO. Never run from a LEO. Do those things, everything works out.

When I was in college, I got pulled over in my brand new Toyota Celica. Had my fraternity little sister with me and an open bottle of Perrier-Jouet. We were in a neighboring city who knew who my late father was (a well-known LEO). The officers told me to take my date to a donut shop and stay there for two hours.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why should fleeing from the police not be a felony? People are seriously injured and killed almost weekly caused by idiots fleeing police. You can't go by a single day in OKC or Tulsa without a police pursuit happening. Resisting arrest shouldn't be on the books at all? Surely you are just being sarcastic. Let's let people run from the police and fight them in order not to be arrested. Come on Doc, really? I think we should go back to the days when it was legal to shoot a fleeing felon.

In this case, Mayfield is an adult, made poor choices, and should have to deal with the consequences. If I were the coach, he wouldn't set foot on the field again.

I should have been more clear, fleeing on foot. And perhaps fleeing on foot is not, as noted above.

Resisting arrest, about 90% of the time, is actually just contempt of cop. How many times do we need to see videos turn up where the person CLEARLY didn't resist but had that charge slapped on them anyway? If you've committed a crime, that's your charge. No need to stack resisting on there. There have been a ton of people who have gotten arrested for resisting arrest. No other charges. How is that even legally possible?? So I haven't committed a crime but you're trying to arrest me? Dang right I'm gonna resist.

Latest posts

Top Bottom