Mayfield not starting vs. WV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Baker gayfield is a disgrace to OU, which is a disgrace to Oklahoma colleges, which is a disgrace to higher ed.
Why is he a disgrace? What he did Saturday wasn’t even a big deal. But with the pansies of today someone had to make it more than it was. And yet you want to call Baker “gayfield “. If it bothers you that much you might want to try and man up a little more.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you're saying that poor sportsmanship is OK if you have national titles or trophies? :rolleyes2
. that is not what I said. OSU fans want to bash baker and OU because they are jealous of us. If I were an OSU fan I would be ashamed to have that national title sign on my field. They didn’t even win it. How about winning a real one? Oh wait, they lost to us so their season was over. Since OU is their most important game of the year because they know they won’t ever make it to the real big game.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
. that is not what I said. OSU fans want to bash baker and OU because they are jealous of us. If I were an OSU fan I would be ashamed to have that national title sign on my field. They didn’t even win it. How about winning a real one? Oh wait, they lost to us so their season was over. Since OU is their most important game of the year because they know they won’t ever make it to the real big game.
No, I'm pretty sure you implied that sportsmanship is optional if you have a NC or Heisman in your trophy case. Evidence? I refer you to your own posts! :laughup:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HOW DARE YOU SIR! :uberblast

:bowdown: Okay; okay already! ...so I was just yankin' yer chain already. Jeebus... :comfort:

Why is he a disgrace? What he did Saturday wasn’t even a big deal. But with the pansies of today someone had to make it more than it was. And yet you want to call Baker “gayfield “. If it bothers you that much you might want to try and man up a little more.

He's not a disgrace. The young lad has more leadership potential in his back pocket than most people here will ever think about having. But: He's young. He's full of adrenaline; and pizz and vinegar. His teammates follow him; they put their faith in him; as Mayfield goes, so goes the team. The coaches know that, so they have to show the others that even though Baker Mayfield is the best guy to sling a football, run an offense, put points on the board, and act as a real leader at OU in a long time, he must learn good judgment. And I ask this: How does one learn good judgment? From having bad judgement.
:homer:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
:bowdown: Okay; okay already! ...so I was just yankin' yer chain already. Jeebus... :comfort:

He's not a disgrace. The young lad has more leadership potential in his back pocket than most people here will ever think about having. But: He's young. He's full of adrenaline; and pizz and vinegar. His teammates follow him; they put their faith in him; as Mayfield goes, so goes the team. The coaches know that, so they have to show the others that even though Baker Mayfield is the best guy to sling a football, run an offense, put points on the board, and act as a real leader at OU in a long time, he must learn good judgment. And I ask this: How does one learn good judgment? From having bad judgement.
:homer:

Agree except for the last two sentences. I learned 99% of it from watching and listening to others. I preach to same to my kids every day. Wisdom doesn't always come with age, and one doesn't have to be old to make wise decisions.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Baker gayfield is a disgrace to OU, which is a disgrace to Oklahoma colleges, which is a disgrace to higher ed.

Do we need a safe space?

giphy.gif

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're this supportive of poor sportsmanship, I fear for the people that are forced to interact with your.....nevermind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom