Mayfield not starting vs. WV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of your u are entitled to hear my opinion, as unpopular as many of you will think. So here goes.

Can't believe some people are still giving him a pass because he is "just a kid". Chit, he's a full grown-ass man. He needs to tKe responsibility for himself, especially since this is his third time this year having to apologize for stuff he inflicted on himself. While I'm not quite ready to call him Baker Manziel he seems to have that potential to go down that road if some influential people in his life don't step up and set him straight. Life in the spotlight will not get any easier and he seems to not always use the best judgement.

This is where I will be come unpopular. While I think he is a great college athlete and one of th best college QB in a long time I hunk his NFL career will be short lived. He seems the be very similar to Tim Tenow in his abilities. IMO he is too short and too slow for what most t a small are wanting in an NFL franchise QB. Not knocking him or his abilities, but as we all hear, the NFL is a totally different game than the college game. Also, not sure I'd want to be a great college QB and get the heisman as look at the last 10 years of QB winners. Where are they now and how was their career?

Oh yea, and Mayfield will not win the heisman after his latest stunt at KU.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All of your u are entitled to hear my opinion, as unpopular as many of you will think. So here goes.

Can't believe some people are still giving him a pass because he is "just a kid". Chit, he's a full grown-ass man. He needs to tKe responsibility for himself, especially since this is his third time this year having to apologize for stuff he inflicted on himself. While I'm not quite ready to call him Baker Manziel he seems to have that potential to go down that road if some influential people in his life don't step up and set him straight. Life in the spotlight will not get any easier and he seems to not always use the best judgement.

This is where I will be come unpopular. While I think he is a great college athlete and one of th best college QB in a long time I hunk his NFL career will be short lived. He seems the be very similar to Tim Tenow in his abilities. IMO he is too short and too slow for what most t a small are wanting in an NFL franchise QB. Not knocking him or his abilities, but as we all hear, the NFL is a totally different game than the college game. Also, not sure I'd want to be a great college QB and get the heisman as look at the last 10 years of QB winners. Where are they now and how was their career?

Oh yea, and Mayfield will not win the heisman after his latest stunt at KU.
I didn’t realize what he did at KU has any bearing on him winning the heisman? You must be one of the people that are offended by what he did. It didn’t offend me one bit. I don’t like what he did and don’t condone it but I am not a little weenie that goes on and on about it like it’s the worst thing to ever happen. I bet if this happened to someone at another school besides OU not much would even be said. OU always gets treated like scum by everybody. Announcers are always against us and so is the media. Jealousy is what I say.

And as for bakers size, who cares if he is 6’3” or more. Have you ever heard of Doug flutie? He is a lot smaller than Baker and he was an amazing QB. I remember him running over people in the NFL. A players smarts and ability can help to compensate a lot for their smaller size. And Baker isn’t even on the same level as Tebow. Baker is way better. Tebow wasn’t near as mobile as baker and couldn’t throw near as well. Baker has him beat on knowledge of the D as well. I have always thought Tebow was overrated. Yes he was good, but not great. Baker is great.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OU always gets treated like scum by everybody. Announcers are always against us and so is the media. .
Well, we are deplorables that cling to our bibles and guns. The left coasts media will always look at us that way, while we churn out top college football programs and a dammed good NBA pro team.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
It really is kinda humorous when you think about it. "I want you to murder them on the field!! But...make sure not to grab your crotch. Break their legs! But I'd better not see you flip anyone the bird...".

Latest posts

Top Bottom