Mayfield not starting vs. WV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So all you pro Mayfield guys think this is oka? Got it...
23659709_10204647327699394_6771384241847640417_n.jpg

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OU stands for the University of Oklahoma (Higher Education) Not a football team.
Student Athletes represent the University of Oklahoma on the playing field and in public.
(That they do in their private lives, not in public is no ones business)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh. I'm underwhelmed by the whole thing. It was typical sports, at the high school, college or professional level. He did nothing that doesn't happen a hundred times a game on every football field in the country. Guys talk trash continually. He did it on camera and quite obviously. Yep, it was dumb, and yes, he got caught, while all the other guys who did it in that game (and all the others) every single play didn't. That's all.

Talk **** and live with the consequences. But the consequences are a bunch of mealy-mouthed apologies and a slap on the wrist symbolic punishment.

If it were my son, I'd tell him he shouldn't do that, he should be better man than that. Have I done it? Damn right. I just want my son to be a better man than me, which is a low bar, but it's a starting point.

That being said, I've taught my son to try to avoid conflict, but if someone puts him in a bad situation or corners him, it's time to break out the 6 years of martial arts and end the conflict quickly and decisively. Mayfield was hot under the collar at the cheap shots, I get that, but it was just a dumb macho d**k-measuring contest, nothing more, nothing less.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My honest evaluation of Baker Mayfield is hes a spoiled, rich, entitiled kid from Lake Travis in Austin, Texas. However, on the field nothing has ever been given to him. He had to walk on twice and become the best player in college football. Sure he's a douche. But so were Johnny Manziel and Jamis Winston. I think he could of gotten by the no hand shake thing in the Kansas game but when the players started to try and take him out by targeting him after the whistle blew I think he reached his breaking point.

Latest posts

Top Bottom