Mayfield not starting vs. WV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know the funny thing is that I'd be perfectly fine going back a few decades. Back before the crying Emo mopes apparently took over the world while no one was looking and made fun, well, not fun anymore!

No argument there whatsoever.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, you have to let the Head Coach be the Head Coach. None of us are that guy...so Mayfield gets to ride the pine for awhile; let's move on eh? Stop it with the attacks and insults okay? We can surely find something better to argue about ... like how Dan Wesson 1911's really are a POS and they suck. Barely able to be on an even keel with Taurus. Back to the topic though...

Ride the Pine, Baker. That's what the coach decided to do. And that's okay by me. Thinking on this whole thing a little more: I know I was pretty rowdy there back in college myself. I got my BS Degree at the University of Utah. Anyway, A buddy and I came across a Big Bird Suit at a yard sale; I snatched it up for like $10-$15 bucks I think it was; it was darn cheap anyway for a life size Big Bird Costume in excellent condition, I think even the most jaded of all you Sesame Street fans here would agree with me too. Anyway, we hit some local dive bar after school that day, got sufficiently lubricated to act stupid (er) than usual, and much later that night, fueled by youthful mischief and a whole lotta cheap beer, I climbed up and firmly planted the Big Bird head on Brigham Young's Statue in the middle of downtown Salt lake City. Holy Crap! it made the local news, the front page of the local paper, etc. The Salt Lake City Cops were hot on the trail of the ne'er-do -wells who would dare to defile the revered statue of Brigham! I sweated it out for a few days, never got fingered, threatened my buddy with a severe beating if he ratted me out, graduated (somehow) and moved on. Of course, I am much more mature now and wouldn't think of doing something like that even a tiny bit... :bolt:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, you have to let the Head Coach be the Head Coach. None of us are that guy...so Mayfield gets to ride the pine for awhile; let's move on eh? Stop it with the attacks and insults okay? We can surely find something better to argue about ... like how Dan Wesson 1911's really are a POS and they suck. Barely able to be on an even keel with Taurus. Back to the topic though...

Ride the Pine, Baker. That's what the coach decided to do. And that's okay by me. Thinking on this whole thing a little more: I know I was pretty rowdy there back in college myself. I got my BS Degree at the University of Utah. Anyway, A buddy and I came across a Big Bird Suit at a yard sale; I snatched it up for like $10-$15 bucks I think it was; it was darn cheap anyway for a life size Big Bird Costume in excellent condition, I think even the most jaded of all you Sesame Street fans here would agree with me too. Anyway, we hit some local dive bar after school that day, got sufficiently lubricated to act stupid (er) than usual, and much later that night, fueled by youthful mischief and a whole lotta cheap beer, I climbed up and firmly planted the Big Bird head on Brigham Young's Statue in the middle of downtown Salt lake City. Holy Crap! it made the local news, the front page of the local paper, etc. The Salt Lake City Cops were hot on the trail of the ne'er-do -wells who would dare to defile the revered statue of Brigham! I sweated it out for a few days, never got fingered, threatened my buddy with a severe beating if he ratted me out, graduated (somehow) and moved on. Of course, I am much more mature now and wouldn't think of doing something like that even a tiny bit... :bolt:

HOW DARE YOU SIR! :uberblast

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know what, I was a quarterback. And I also remeber being Bakers age. He is still a kid to me. I’m not excusing what he did but it’s not the end of the world. People sure blow things out of proportion. I think I am hearing a lot of OSU fans talking on hear. It’s ok guys. I know you don’t have a real national title or a heisman trophy qb but come on.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know what, I was a quarterback. And I also remeber being Bakers age. He is still a kid to me. I’m not excusing what he did but it’s not the end of the world. People sure blow things out of proportion. I think I am hearing a lot of OSU fans talking on hear. It’s ok guys. I know you don’t have a real national title or a heisman trophy qb but come on.

So you're saying that poor sportsmanship is OK if you have national titles or trophies? :rolleyes2

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay I dont care about any football, I have not read any of the links about this guy.

All I have seen is he wont START not that he wont play. So does that mean he misses the first play? The first series? First 1/4?

Or is this a we need to show we are serious because he wont listen and he sits out the game?

Like I said I dont do football and dont care enough to look into this myself. I will check back after the next game and see how long he was riding the bench.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh, no big deal. We're used to this type of behavior from OU Quarterbacks..

jh8OjUS.jpg

Cartoon-Character-Mutley-Laughing.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom