MCAAP Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spooncg33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those that have been and shot/seen mature bucks, did you see them near a road or deep in the woods?
I’m going again this year, hunting in Deer Creek but it has been several years since my last trip out there .

Last time I hunted out there I was near a creek in the woods prob 600-700 yards from the road and saw a few does and small Buck on day 1, but never dropped anything.

Been looking at maps online but obviously nothing compares to scouting when you arrive.

I hear of guys sitting by a bunker and seeing deer out in the open while others walk as deep as possible.

Just curious how everyone else hunted out there and what they noticed. Feel free to PM me too if anyone has questions and I’ll try my best to help.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've hunted Boggy and DC both several times. If it's hot there's been little to no movement whatsoever, bucks or does. Every mature buck I've ever seen from a stand was near a road. Every mature buck that I know of personally that was killed was near a road, cool/cold weather in November. Dad and I both like to set at points of timber where they met a bunker road. We never figured out anything promising for warm weather, they just didn't move, hardly any deer killed those weekends.

Latest posts

Top Bottom