Mean hateful parents

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad called me an idiot and one day said everything I worked on I broke. He was mean 90% of the time.
That day I had the trash can in the garage and I proceed to toss all the stuff I had worked on into the trash can.
But I made sure it was broke before I tossed it all in there..All my fishing rods I had fixed I snapped in many pieces and all the reels I had fixed I smashed onto the concrete in front of him and said these must be broken also.

He said you are blowing all this out of proportion!
Ya think!
I hacked my tackle box with a machete and tossed it also right into the can.
Told him I never wanted to fish or hunt or do anything with him again.
I am done with you I told him.

All this happened because my sisters 10 speed bike back wheel was wobbling I had a spoke tightened and Knew by experience you could tighten the spokes on different places in the rim and basically make the rim straight I had it perfect!!

He was going to take it to AL's bikes to have it done..I thought I did good fixing it ..I think I was 13 at the time.
I got an ass chewing for fixing it.
Heck I fixed it.

Found a shirt a button up one on the lake shore at Eufaulla i walked back to camp and asked my dad if it was his Nope not his.
He said take it to the truck and put it in the back of the camper.
As I was walking towards the camper my dads cousin was walking past me and I asked if the shirt was his and I held it up so he could look at it.
Next thing i know my dad runs up on me and grabs me by the throat and begins choking me out..As I am being moved backwards and running out of air I hear sticks and stuff under my feet crunching very loud and things are slowing down like a slow motion movie.

Blackout!
I wake up and my sisters and mother and dad are at a picknick table 30 feet away all enjoying lunch.
What the heck. How long was I laying on the ground choked out and NO one cared.
Messed up parents for sure.
The entire lot of them.
Could be why I always stuck up for the little guy. I was 4' 11" all through 9th grade.

For all you new parents Do NOT be cruel in your words or actions.
Most children may not be as tolerant as I am. Believe me this choking out happened a few times along with other BS and I wanted to burn the house down with them in it. I had it all figured out too for NO escape.

But alas I'm a nice guy.
:)
Got any hateful parent stories to share..After all this is a stupid stuff section.
I will share one not so grim later :)

Maybe we or someone can learn from it.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry about your early years.

I can honestly say I wouldn't trade my parents for anything. Surely, they were firm when required (when I got the nerve to test the limits), but cool and laid back when appropriate. The world would truly be a better place if all parents were like them.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh @swampratt you guys don't have the time or patience for what I could share about the people who brought me into this world and their relatives. I wrote those people off a LONG time ago.

I will say this, though. When people tell you you will regret walking away from family and therapists tell you YOU will never be right if you don't make things "right" with family members, no matter what they have done and/or continue to do, they are dead wrong. I felt like the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders the day I walked out that front door for the lasr time. My only regret is that I didn't walk away earlier. I literally wasted 15 years -- all my 20s and half of my 30s trying to make it work. Some people are just evil.

My guess is the folks who will read your post and take it to heart are already decent parents. Those who would read it and say to themselves "****ing crybaby wuss ..." are the kind of people who will treat there kids like our parents treated us.

I'm sorry your family was the way there were. And I'm glad you finally broke free from them.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
EEEHHH! I survived.
Sounds like you got decent ones xseler..I can see deserving it.
Many times the old man would come home and begin whoopin on me and I would ask what I did and all I would get is: YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID!
I really did not know until I was about 15 that my sister was calling my mother at work and telling her I was beating on them.. Her and my younger sister.
I never touched them and hardly talked to them..I stayed shut up in my room where it was safe or I was at a pond fishing.
I came straight home from school walked in the house and caught my sister on the phone telling my mother that I was beating on them.
It all came together that day.
I asked for an apology from my sisters and my mother for what they did to me.
My mother said: You still harping on that.
Yep I never got an apology.
Last time my mother was here I told her I loved her she looked me straight in the eyes and turned around and walked out the door and said nothing.
I never got the "I love you" from my family. I think kids need that sometimes. Or a hug or something positive

I disowned all of them that day.
Would you believe The wife and I were Foster parents many times and emergency foster parents also and we were also therapeutic foster parents for children that can't function in normal foster care.
We have been through it growing up and dealt with it positively and that helps keep us and the kids in our home sane and safe.

We have been empty nesters for many years now and I still kind of miss foster parenting.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea some people are just bad people and you need to rid your life of them. Heck my mother was a Baptist Sunday school teacher.
Ouch!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Had some foster parents before my Dad found me, missed a lot of school due to black and blue welts from my shoulders to my thighs!!
This did a lot to form the way I disciplined my kids!! Never used a belt and once they could have a conversation talking always worked!! My kids are great , even the black sheep is just a pain in the ass, that costs me money on occasion.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't complain. I have always looked at my folks as role models and they taught me most of what I know. Sure they were hard on me at times, but always just hard enough that I learned, not so hard that it was oppressive (of course at the time I thought differently. lol) I wouldn't trade them and I only hope I can raise my kids 1/2 as well.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well it sounds like you came out a good person in spite of or because of the "challenges" you had growing up. I grew up in a pretty strict home but I don't regret a minute of it. Only time I was whipped was if I really screwed up. when I was about 5 or 6 I had a problem keeping my pants zipped up. Dad told me several times to zip up or else. He finally got tired of telling me one night when we were at the neighbors and told my mom to take me home and put a dress on me, worst thing was I had to go back over to the neighbor's with the dress on. To this day I still constantly check my zipper!! and that was about 60 years ago.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My father was not a believer in Ephesians 6:4

“And, you fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.”

But then again I haven’t spoken to him in 10 years either :), he’s less than 10 miles away and I still haven’t spoken to him nor laid eyes upon him in 10 years. Be better than your parents (especially if they were insufferable assholes)

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea some people are just bad people and you need to rid your life of them. Heck my mother was a Baptist Sunday school teacher.
Ouch!
Sometimes that’s worse.......I’ve found some of the most despicable leunatics in churches......but hey they are full of sinners like me. But my experience has been the once’s that look the part perfectly at church on Sunday have a very different home life :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom